• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Relaxing Anime Tunes

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Jack Sparrow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:09 pm Reply with quote
There was a topic with the most haunting anime soundtrack, but, what's the most relaxing? Cowboy Bebop the one for the series I think (I don't know, my one friend burned it for me), but, it's got a lot of jazzy stuff on it, and since I mostly listen to metal, it makes me down right sleepy, but, it's great though.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Captain Jack Sparrow wrote:
There was a topic with the most haunting anime soundtrack, but, what's the most relaxing? Cowboy Bebop the one for the series I think (I don't know, my one friend burned it for me), but, it's got a lot of jazzy stuff on it, and since I mostly listen to metal, it makes me down right sleepy, but, it's great though.

Cowboy Bebop bored you? Man, I don't know which one you were listening to, but the first 2 songs on the first OST should get you reved up or something at least. Bebop is my favorite soundtrack, but that's just me.

Anyway, so you want something relaxing eh? Hmm. I'd have to go with Rurouni Kenshin Seisouhen OST. It's really soft.

Completely orchestrated with a VERY wide mix of flutes, strings, and piano. It's the kind of music that makes me imagine myself standing on a cliff at a deserted beach with the waves crashing and the wind blowing by hair in a cool fashion.

I actually had a dream once about a girl I used to have a crush on and I heard some of this music playing during my encounter with her. It was calm and relaxing, though in my case really depressing, since in real life she didn't really like me in the same way.

Ah well, women huh?

If you like metal, I think you'll like L~Arc~en~ciel. It's mostly J-rock, but they have one song I like in particular called "Ready! Steady! Go!" It's kinda metal-ish and sounds really good. If you want to reference it, it's the 2nd OP for Full Metal Alchemist.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Since when it metal usually going to relax people? Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Usagi04

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Well, for releaxing tunes, there are the Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon soundtracks. I would only buy the Japanese releases, though. Wink
lai

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Hellsing soundtrack 1 & 2 and Flcl.
Samurai CDZ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Cowboy Bebop bored you? Man, I don't know which one you were listening to, but the first 2 songs on the first OST should get you reved up or something at least. Bebop is my favorite soundtrack, but that's just me.

Bebop song's have put me to sleep, too. I got this burned cd that put me to sleep and woke me up twice in an hour, and I absolutely love the music.

Funny Bunny by The Pillows is pretty relaxing for me...in a non-sleepy way. It just makes me take in the bigger picture of what going on and forget my worries.
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm...well, I would say:

Someday's Dreamers
Voices of a Distant Star
.hack OSTs
Escaflowne OSTs
some of X's tracks
Spirited Away

I find these all very good background/working/relaxing music.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:27 pm Reply with quote
So, Bebop's music putting you to sleep. Is that good or bad?

I admit, not all of it is upbeat razzle dazzle jazz. "Waltz for Zizi" is a slow and relaxing song. And there's quite a few songs on the third OST that are pretty slow too. I love those Razz. I use to listen to that CD all the time on my way to school.

I think I know the lyrics to just about all of the English songs. Rolling Eyes
The Spatula

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:45 pm Reply with quote
I'll offer up two often overlooked OSTs:

Kokoro Library
To Heart

People often dismiss these titles for various reasons, but one thing that shouldn't be ignored is the music.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Get the OST to the following anime and you'll have some of the best relaxing muisc around:

Wolf's Rain
Please Save My Earth
Earth Girl Arjuna
Escaflowne
Shamanic Princess
Haibane Renmei
Ayashi no Ceres *When the Goddess Sings Your Melody is AMAZING*
Last Exile *just skip the action tracks*
Revolutionary Girl Utena *the movie more so then the tv. The tv has nice tracks, but the battle songs...*
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Orgal Fantasy *it's a ton of some of the best sailor moon songs, in music box type format. Great... bedtime music*

And it's not anime, but it's number 1 on my relaxation list:
Chrono Cross OST or Time and Space: A Yasunori Mitsuda Tribute *videogame music*
Samurai CDZ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
So, Bebop's music putting you to sleep. Is that good or bad?

Good, since I usually need the sleep.

I wish I could get my hand on the songs from Piano. I found them quite enjoyable and soothing. Actually, if I'm recalling correctly Slice of Life anime's tend to have tons of relaxing music.
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Samurai CDZ wrote:
Actually, if I'm recalling correctly Slice of Life anime's tend to have tons of relaxing music.

Hahah...I think there's a difference between "relaxing" music and "sleep-inducing, comatose" music....which, I think most of the 'slice of life' series have.
Samurai CDZ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, makes me feel like taking a nap. But, naps are good...very good...
Captain Jack Sparrow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Captain Jack Sparrow wrote:

It didn't bore me, it just relaxes me to the point of me falling asleep, but, I love the album, really, I do.

Samurai CDZ wrote:
Yeah, makes me feel like taking a nap. But, naps are good...very good...

I like naps too, especially during classes! Surprised
Lady Sango

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:11 am Reply with quote
.hack//Sign has music that is relaxing and the Trigun song Suna No Hoshi Sandy Planet
Cowboy Bebop Songs that are relaxing are:
1.Waltz for Zizi
2.Memory
3.The harmonica piece from "Sympathy for the Devil" it's either Felt Tip Pen or The Egg and Me.
4. Elm
5.Goodnight Julia
6.Green Bird
7. Stella By Moor
8.The Singing Sea
9.Road to the West
10. Butterfly
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3