• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks to Dub Dream Eater Merry for Blu-ray

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bored-otaku

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:
What, no DVD release?

Sentai wouldn't release something just on blu ray and not DVD. So, yes, they are releasing Yumekui Merry on DVD.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Cool now if they can get more of there stuff at crap buy stores
Redlinks

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Excellent! Will definitely add this to my collection.
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see this is getting a dub, I watch the first 3 episode and stopped to wait for a dub and now I get it.

But one question, what is happening with IS: Infinite Stratos, I stopped watching to wait for a dub and have not heard any news as of yet of it's release details.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:35 am Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:
What, no DVD release?

What I think that means is that it was already confirmed for DVD release, but BluRay has just been confirmed as well? The title is a little vague ^^;

Nice to see that it's getting a dub, I was planning on blind-buying so this will make it a bigger incentive. Though Sentai has been dubbing a lot lately, have they done any recent sub-only sets? So in a way, it's not too surprising. Hope to hear a release date soon!
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:24 am Reply with quote
Great news, I'll be picking up the blu-ray version of this.

Good to see Sentai continuing their new dub push. Smile
ChronoBall X

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:40 am Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
I ended up dropping this series, I can respect the series, I am glad sentai is dubbing it, it has a very cool animation style. I wish sentai would dub living for the day after tomorrow.

I know what you mean,I mean while the anime version is defentially inferior to the manga (trust me,the manga is way better), but i still love this series and I plan to watch the dub ^^ Merry nightmare is just so cute= Very Happy

but lets be honest here guys,no anime adaption is perfect,sure some are downright terrible (Like Shaman King for example) while some anime adaptions were pretty average and well done like with Elemental Gelade and Fruits Basket. even though the anime version of Yumekui Merry could have been alot better (Personally I think it needs a reboot), but Mistilteinn TREESEA was kind of cute for an anime-only exclusive villian.

it's good to know that Sentai films actually plan to dub this,i'm so glad it's not gonna be a sub-only released like Bandai have been doing with they're Gunbuster releases. Very Happy And Also,I'm glad Sentai Films are taking interest to give this a dub,think about it this way guys,Yumekui Merry is'nt exactly well known in general this will help give it more public exposure and who knows,Maybe Kodansha USA will take interest in licensing the Manga.
Max465

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:07 am Reply with quote
Wow...Sentai has an interesting approach to what it dubs.

The big popular shonen show; Gintama? No

The big popular american sports show; Eyeshield 21? No

The Ecchi show that will be bought out by the perverts; To Love Ru? No

*Lists off the rest of the generic big name anime Sentai owns that might make them some money*

Dub the semi-popular low key anime that already has a set smaller fan base; Yumekui Merry? HECK YEAH!!

Now don't get me wrong, I love Yumekui Merry, but I'm concerned about the future of a company like Sentai if it doesn't dub some bigger named titles that keep them going like Funi's One Piece and More Recent Fairy Tail, or Viz's Bleach and Naruto.

Heck dub something that at least was popular among anime viewers. I don't remember people making big talk over Merry. It was good, but it never felt like it was really talked about. Even while airing.

Ah well, I guess TWGOK does fill that spot of popular anime. And I am looking forward to that. So I guess I'll just accept this as a win without thinking about the why.

I just swear to god if Sentai doesn't dub Persona 4 I will kill a b****.
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:23 am Reply with quote
Can't wait to get! Next Heavens Memo pad!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:46 am Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
Next Heavens Memo pad!

We already know that's getting a dub, since Siren already announced it is releasing it next year with a dub.

http://www.facebook.com/sirenvisual/posts/233855080011675
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:26 am Reply with quote
Max465 wrote:
Wow...Sentai has an interesting approach to what it dubs.

The big popular shonen show; Gintama? No

The big popular american sports show; Eyeshield 21? No

I just swear to god if Sentai doesn't dub Persona 4 I will kill a b****.

First of all, neither of those are very popular in the US. Viz abandoned the Eyeshield 21 anime once already before Sentai even touched it. Viz had even dubbed some of the episodes. Both GinTama's anime and manga were dropped, so that doesn't speak much for its popularity. Besides, Sentai has already said that streaming numbers and TV viewing numbers play a large part in their decision of what they dub.

Plus Sentai has already confirmed Persona 4 is getting a bluray, so yes it will be dubbed.
Xanas

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:06 am Reply with quote
Max465 wrote:

The Ecchi show that will be bought out by the perverts; To Love Ru? No

Yeah, I have to say I agree with you here. I wish they had dubbed this because Rosario has a dub now and really To Love Ru deserved one more.

But this is unfortunately what you get from different companies and what-not.

And though I liked To Love Ru's second season better than the first there is virtually no chance of them dubbing it if they didn't dub the original.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2