• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Live-Action Perfect Blue

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slim Shinji
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 2:27 pm Reply with quote
This snuck up on me...I'd heard rumors but I didn't know it was in the can and coming out in Japan in a week!

www.palnet.tv/perfectblue/index.html (Japanese only...trailer's at the bottom)

Whaddya think?
Cassandra

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 2:44 pm Reply with quote
I saw the trailer...umm...Saturday maybe? I can just say it confused the heck out of me Wink I saw the PB anime and I guess I was expecting a trailer kinda similiar to the PB trailers I saw. It just doesn't seem anything remotely related to the anime.

But maybe I'm just not looking close enough Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Certainly looks interesting enough. I wonder just how faithful it's going to be to the anime movie. Also curious what Mima's stalker is going to look like, no one in the trailor looked disfigured enough to be him. I wonder how long it will be before someone translates it and brings it over here.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Slim Shinji
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Given it's ties to anime I'm sure a fan translation will be quickly forthcoming. I've been reading (as it were) the site thru Babelfish, and it seems that this is a more faithful adaption of the original novel than the anime (acording to the Anime Encyclopedia there were no actual murders commited in the novel). I noticed the word "pink" in the Babelfish translation, too, which may mean this is going to be more Erotic than Thriller. The anime's sexually explicit to be sure but it's never truly "erotic".
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 3:14 pm Reply with quote
No murders in the novel and a more faithful movie? So what's the deal with the roof push at the begining of the clip? Perhaps a symbolic metaphor?

What I ment by a translation was an official one, but you're probably right in that a fan translation and probably a fansub are more likely to happen first.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 6:46 pm Reply with quote
does anyone know if the book was translated and puplished?
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 8:13 pm Reply with quote
DID YOU KNOW:

Perfect Blue originally was meant to be a B-rate live action suspense film. Perhaps this new movie is a glimpse of what was meant to be?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1