• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Entertainment to Announce Gundam 00 License Details

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Fabe go here to see Bionix on life support.

I am gleeful that it is getting an Ocean dub. Not many series are getting dubbed by Ocean now.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Let's just hope Blue Water doesn't get it. I don't think I could stomach another dub like the Zeta Gundam dub.

My dream cast for 00 would include Ted Cole as Setsuna, Michael Michael Adamthwaite as Tieria, and Brad Swaile as Ribbons (for obvious reasons). Maybe Paul Dobson as Ali. Moneca Stori would be a great Louise.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Considering this is rather high-profile title, it's more likely it'll be a Vancouver dub.
Fabe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
Fabe go here to see Bionix on life support.

I am gleeful that it is getting an Ocean dub. Not many series are getting dubbed by Ocean now.

Hmm thanks for the link,doesn't look like too much will change really,airing it on Saturday night might cause some viewer ship loss but I can understand cutting it back to only showing new episodes of shows. There is only so many times they can rerun Gundam before people stop watching. Any ways with Death note ending tonight and utile new episodes of Bleach start to air I have no reason to watch Bionix. hopefully they'll add new shows in the future, A friend says one rumor is that YTV might get Code Geese,that and Gundam 00 could really help keep Bionix alive.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:45 pm Reply with quote
YES! Gundam 00 on TV!

I haven't really cared much about Ani-Monday on Sci Fi before just recently. I tried it in the beginning, but couldn't get into Noein (because of the dub?), and thought Tokko was horrible. I kind of just gave up on it.

BUT NOW! Gurren Lagann! Gundam 00! And...I just read that Now and Then, Here and There will be airing on the block starting July 28. I saw that series years ago on AZN TV, and it absolutely ripped my heart out. And now I'm going to watch it again every Monday night, and probably cry myself to sleep every Monday night because of it...

But anyway, really glad to see some potential competition for Adult Swim now...Though, anime on Adult Swim is already struggling as it is... =/
Ryusui

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Whee! No more mood guns!

Now all Sci-Fi Channel needs for it to be a worthy rival to Adult Swim is stop treating its fans like idiots. I mean, seriously. Compared to some of the crap they pad their commercials with, Adult Swim is tasteful. Sure, Adult Swim insults my good taste, but at least they don't go out of their way to insult me personally.
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Ryusui- I believe the term is "Disco-Guns" Laughing

Fabe- Join that site, we don't bite, and any anime airing in Canada will be talked about there. And no, that's not my site Anime hyper

And yeah, Bandai did say it's an Ocean dub, if they were going to say Blue Water, they would have said it, or rather, not mention Gundam 00 at all. Simply because there is hate towards Blue Water.
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:04 pm Reply with quote
If Gundam 00 is a success on Sci-Fi, will that mean more of Gundam on the network? Has Sci-Fi said anything about expanding their block to the rest of the week?
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:21 am Reply with quote
Ryusui wrote:
Adult Swim insults my good taste, but at least they don't go out of their way to insult me personally.

guess you've never seen their weekday/sunday bumps.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:36 am Reply with quote
Daimao Raki wrote:
I'm glad Bandai is going to Sci-Fi and not CN. I look foward to watching 00, it's been a while since I've seen a Gundam show.

On the plus side it means they might run in HD (CN still lagging behind there, which is more sad when you figure how long even Disney's been doing animated shows in full 1080,) and that it could more easily jump over into the Starz branch for an unedited run.

On the down side, SciFi is not exactly known for subtle censorship. That (along with the terrible ads & bumps/catches) completely turned me off AniMonday.
Axe-336

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:49 am Reply with quote
Wow, they're bringing it over within a year of completion? When did they figure out they needed to step up the pace on localizing anime?
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:42 am Reply with quote
Cool!! But I can't watch it. I can't stay up late. I'd rather wait for the DVDs.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:59 am Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:
On the down side, SciFi is not exactly known for subtle censorship. That (along with the terrible ads & bumps/catches) completely turned me off AniMonday.

Not to mention AniMonday cuts to commercials every 2 seconds. If they could go to the usual once an episode commercial break like Adult Swim(and pretty much every other network) does, it might help. Put them in where the commercials are in the original, complete with the original eyecatches.

That problem aside, I'm glad that Sci-Fi is getting so many titles. Adult Swim's monopoly needs to stop(IFC doesn't count, not everyone with basic cable gets it), and Sci-Fi's a prime candidate for it, considering they were airing anime in the late 90's before Adult Swim launched.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:23 am Reply with quote
Fabe wrote:
Primus wrote:
You'll be announcing it's being dubbed by Ocean and will air on YTV, right Bandai? Right Bandai?

Well YTV ran Wing,Seed,and Seed destiny so it's sure bet that we'll be watching 00 hopefully shortly after it starts it's cartoon network run.

RougeJedi86 wrote:

Not to mention AniMonday cuts to commercials every 2 seconds. If they could go to the usual once an episode commercial break like Adult Swim(and pretty much every other network) does, it might help. Put them in where the commercials are in the original, complete with the original eyecatches.

That problem aside, I'm glad that Sci-Fi is getting so many titles. Adult Swim's monopoly needs to stop(IFC doesn't count, not everyone with basic cable gets it), and Sci-Fi's a prime candidate for it, considering they were airing anime in the late 90's before Adult Swim launched.

Well CN did show seed but didn't do well cause of those sever edits which was necessary,especially the OP and in the desert tiger arcs. otherwise i'd fear the FCC might have labeled the two series in the 16+ catagory which would not boathe well with parents and to bandai's sales on the gundam toy models unfortunately.YTV's bionix already had a major backlash cause of GSD's Opening. Hopefully 00 wont suffer the same sever edits or it doesn't have that much content like in Seed and in GSD for the FCC to screw one over to fans and to be honest,i was hoping 00 might go to adult swim.Oh well.

Also i do remember those days too rougejedi86 but unfortunately some really violent series like vampire hunter D,Akira and Iria and yuri orinated series like Project Ako(which showed on Sci Fi's Saturday morning programs) got anime a bad rep to parents and catagorized it as "adults only".It was so bad that the FCC forced Sci Fi to took off Saturday Anime in the first place and it only showed in the UK brand and in those times where anime were only just getting started. Sure they brought anime in the 90's but they only showed series for older audience which means small viewers. it was the big CN that showed series to target the 7-12 catagory with series like the Pioneer versions of DBZ, and Gundam Wing and sailor moon series that helped anime in genreal . Do i like the monopoly,No. But it's better than the alternate and CN pros outmatch Scifi's cons. so until scifi do something drastic with the commercials and stop acting like the FCC's teacher's pet, the CN will unfortunately be the only alt for anime period.Sorry.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kelly

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:18 am Reply with quote
Just out of curiosity as I'm Gundam illiterate.

This franchise is massive, so some advice from Gundam veterans might be helpful here. Can newbies just jump into 00, or are there other titles in the franchise they should specifically have under their belts before the airing begins in the fall?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3