• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Eve no Jikan / Time of Eve.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HellKorn

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Have my thoughts up here. Really, really fantastic episode, and I'm glad to see it return to its "regular" schedule.

Mike On Top wrote:
Well, perhaps those who read sci-fi won't necesserily find the theme new or the extrapolation totally unheard of, but it is the kind of sci-fi I missed in anime for quite some time.

A person has to be obnoxiously cynical not to get enjoyment from Eve no Jikan on the basis that it's treading familiar ground. Aside from a lot of these ideas never having been covered in anime, period, the presentation is so self-aware and fun that it gives a fresh outlook on these themes.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:29 pm Reply with quote
I just watched the first 4 episodes and found it quite good, only problems I might have with it is being too short and that there wont be a lot more, though the eps though feeeling slow are quite captivating. I started laughing at the fourth one when they spoiler[started having all those terminator references.] It also reminded me of Dennou Coil, I guess probably being a scifi with simular to today, the changes not too hard to understand, and questioning human nature.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:31 pm Reply with quote
I just watched the first 4 episodes and found it quite good, only problems I might have with it is being too short and that there wont be a lot more, though the eps though feeeling slow are quite captivating. I started laughing at the fourth one when they spoiler[started having all those terminator references.] It also reminded me of Dennou Coil, I guess probably being a scifi with simular to today, the changes not too hard to understand, and questioning human nature.
catstigereye

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:19 am Reply with quote
Eve no Jikan or a time of eve was a good anime about Robots and how we live with them. This anime is well drawn and brings up aspects of ..

Lets just say though this was short it is worth a good looking for anyone who might like robots!
LaFreccia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:03 am Reply with quote
I'm glad to hear they are making an extended version of this. I really enjoyed the series and would be happy to buy it on DVD if they release it as a movie.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:27 am Reply with quote
I'd buy all 3 works from Studio Rika personally. Time of Eve, Mizu no Kotoba, and Pale Cocoon were all top notch.
Unicorn_Blade

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:36 pm Reply with quote
I am on episode 4 currently.

Anyways, the series is really charming. It feels that there is so much more going on within the 15 minutes than there actually is.

For all those who have seen it, can anyone tell me what was the deal with the couple in the cafeteria in episode 3? I was so tired when watching that did not get it.
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:46 pm Reply with quote
If I recall correctly they're both spoiler[robots pretending to be humans unaware of each other's real identity. What they have in common is that both are being used for illegal purposes (the female as a living shield, and the male as a sexual partner).]
I think? Not sure if sexual relationships between androids and humans are illegal in that world.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Mod request: Can we get the official English title added to the topic title for ease of identification for members who might only know it by that name?

{Done. -- abunai}
Errinundra

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:13 pm Reply with quote
@egoist / Unicorn_Blade,

It's even more ironic. spoiler[Each actually believes the other to be human and worries about the acceptability and durability of the relationship.]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hazumu-san

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:35 pm Reply with quote
I thought it was an excellent show. I wish there was another 'season' There was so much more to know.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Heh, my mom saw a blog posting somewhere about the New York Children's Movie Festival (at least I believe that's it's name) and described a trailer she saw that really caught her eye and I figured out it was Time of Eve! So, hoping to show the OVAs to her later in the week, really wish I could go up there to see the movie though.
Hazumu-san

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:43 pm Reply with quote
I know what you mean, I wish I could see it too. I hope you mother really likes the show.
Unicorn_Blade

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:37 am Reply with quote
It is such a fantastic show. I have just finished watching it. The last episode was really the best out of all. I have rewatched the scene when spoiler[Tex speaks to Masaki] a few times already, i think it will be one of my favourite anime scenes ever.

I also wish it had a second season, although, on the other hand, it's perfect as it is. Sometimes less is just enough.

Does the film adds anything to the series, or is it all 6 episodes combined?
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:03 am Reply with quote
Up until the end credits it's very close to the series.

There's an introductory section with Dr Ashimori speaking with Setoro by phone. Nothing is revealed that you shouldn't already have inferred from the series.

During the film proper there are some short sections have been left out and some things added - nothing that radically changes the story or introduces anything new.

The big reveals are in the closing credits (watch them - with their sweet Yuki Kajiura song - on YouTube here) and the postscript scene.

The pictures accompanying the credits provide Nagi's back story and introduce a male figure not seen before. Perhaps its the mysterious Shiotsuki mentioned once or twice in the series and movie. I don't know.

The postscript (which, unfortunately, isn't in the YouTube link) shows spoiler[Nagi as you haven't seen her before - at home, very prettily dressed and very close to a man who is probably the man in the credits. She puts her arms around him, there's a final close up of her knuckles, and you see this.]

Make of it what you will.

To me it all suggests that spoiler[Nagi, rather than either Rikuo or Masaki, is the heart of the story].
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4