• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
CDJapan. A great source for import CDs...

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coarse Limely

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 11:21 pm Reply with quote
...if you're willing to pay higher prices. You can get some soundtracks that will never be released or widely imported to the States. I'd recommend it to people who just can't wait to get the soundtrack to all of the newest animes, but not people who are used to the $15 GenCon/ebay prices and such. I've bought, I think 3 soundtracks from them: The Big O, Neo Ranga, and Aquarian Age. All well worth it considering that you never see them on ebay or at conventions. Check it out:

www.cdjapan.co.jp
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Yeah. CDJapan is great for the legit imports, but I think this (look at link below) site does some of the same for video game and anime music. I asked Cookie if this stuff was also legit, and he said "they appear to be."

And the great thing about it is, they're based in the U.S.

www.gamemusic.com

I used to buy from them, but I thought the prices were a little high, and I ended up buying bootlegs (before I knew what they were.)

This site also sells collectables, DVDs, and sheet music too. A pretty decent site if I say so myself.

By the way, this should be in the Retail forum, to those mods who happen to see this. Wink
Hotaru

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 10:56 pm Reply with quote
i just used yesasia.com to get a l'arc~en~ciel cd, and one by utada hikaru too.

they shipped it pretty fast, which was cool...but they're slow responding to emails...and in one case, they haven't responded at all, making me go eBay!

i think yesasia and cdjapan have the same prices...i dunno. amazon is insanely expensive for imports tho. don't use them
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1