• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viewtiful Joe TV Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Annie_Jr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:21 pm Reply with quote
This is going to be interesting to see. I can't wait to see it. Does anyone know if it is based on the video game?
Wyvern

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

I hope this does well so we can see some more Capcom games made into anime; to heck with X, I wanna see classic MegaMan done right! And maybe some Devil May Cry while we're at it. Just keep the people who dubbed the games far, far away from the english versian...

In any case, if ever a video game looked tailer-made to be a great anime, Viewtiful Joe is it. Hire the right production staff and it should rock heavily.
erith81

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Now this is a game-to-anime series I can get behind! Joe is classic old-school gaming at its best (or at least new-school best).

As far as plot, they don't need anything too fancy. It would be bad for them to take a game with a simplistic story and try to make it deep. All they really need is a good basic story with some classic "villian of the week" style (or better yet, 2-4 weeks or so). I mean, the point of the game was to beat up guys until you got to the boss, who you then proceeded to beat up in simmilar fashion.

Keep it true to the source, keep it good to the last ep.
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
I wanna see classic MegaMan done right!

Already done. There were two OAV episodes made in the early/mid 90's (er, whenever MegaMan 5 was the newest game), wherein MegaMan and Dr. Wily leap out of their Nintendo console a la Captain N and learn about Japanese culture, and stuff. Seems it was made with a western audience in mind, yet it never appeared in the west it would seem.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sanitarium

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:11 am Reply with quote
Hmm.. Videogame turned to an anime.. I have to say, that it is sounding bad.. Confused I have not seen ANY decent game-to-anime series yet, but i will wait and see.. Of course i hope i am wrong, because i like this game very much. Just a little afraid of what will come.. I mean, if they do 52 eps, that is quite much for anime which is adapted from a game.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Wyvern

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:37 am Reply with quote
LordByronius wrote:
Wyvern wrote:

Already done. There were two OAV episodes made in the early/mid 90's (er, whenever MegaMan 5 was the newest game), wherein MegaMan and Dr. Wily leap out of their Nintendo console a la Captain N and learn about Japanese culture, and stuff. Seems it was made with a western audience in mind, yet it never appeared in the west it would seem.

I'm well aware of those OAV's actually (I'm seen one of them fansubbed) but having Rock do an educational Captain N riff is not what I would consider Megaman "done right." Wink
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:41 am Reply with quote
This rocks my world. Well, the game is undoubitbly fun. I just wanna see how this turns out. Honestly.

And MMX still has a place in my heart ^^;.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
the_soultaker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:16 am Reply with quote
Meh,Both Mega man series were a grave disapointment to say in the least. Hopefully VJ will make up for the string of failed videogame based Animes. The game itself is somewhat innovative (via culmination of 2D /3D cel shaded graphics,and ol skool gameplay.) but if ya ask me, i think Capcom should've opted for a Resident Evil or Marvel vs Capcom Anime.

It's funny that their most popular franchises are overlooked, when there are less than popular Capcom based titles like Power Stone and Darkstalkers make the jump to animation.

Who the hell is responsible for these kinds of decisions anyway?
lyricaldanichan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:51 am Reply with quote
That would be funny if they got Limp Bizkit to do the OP! Even better if they could get Fred Durst to play Joe.
Louie-kun

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:57 am Reply with quote
This sounds very exciting, as I loved the game, which I highly recommend playing. It's basically an old-school 2D platformer with 3D shading and Matrix effects. It came out on Gamecube last year, but it was just rereleased on PS2 a few weeks back for only 30 bucks. Get it, you won't be sorry.
the_soultaker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:52 am Reply with quote
lyricaldanichan wrote:
That would be funny if they got Limp Bizkit to do the OP! Even better if they could get Fred Durst to play Joe.

If there is a god,Durst wouldn't get to sing/rap again, ever! Twisted Evil
kyagami

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:02 am Reply with quote
i caN imagine this one gonna bE very funNy!
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:31 am Reply with quote
kyagami wrote:
i caN imagine this one gonna bE very funNy!

Welcome to the boards. Please use proper caps when on the boards (at least every once in a while? =P)

LordByronius wrote:
Wyvern wrote:

Already done. There were two OAV episodes made in the early/mid 90's (er, whenever MegaMan 5 was the newest game),

Ah. That would be late 1992. And those OAV's, while not the best, were certainly amusing. =P
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:52 am Reply with quote
Whats Viewtiful Joe about? I've never heard of it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
the_soultaker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:33 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
Whats Viewtiful Joe about? I've never heard of it.

AHEM!http://www.capcom.com/v-joe/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3