• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: How to Draw Manga Promoted by AOL

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyrax777

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Animefreak08 wrote:
Don't use AOL's default browser. Use Mozilla, or Mozilla Firefox. Much better, it worked for me!(used to use SBC's browser).
Quote:
Stuff like those pop up in AIM too, so I pray it doesn't happen
Get rid of AIM, use something much better, and all in one! www.trillian.cc
or GAIM Http://gaim.sourceforge.net

Trillian is nice but they I hate there oh if you want all the features you need the pro version that and I like Gaim's support for tabbed IM's
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
JustJon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Manga appeals to teenage girls, a demographic not known for being technophiles. (Yes, I know it's stereotypes, but this is what media marketing goes by) If these girls are logging in to surf the web and chat online with their friends, this a way for the manga books to reach these girls and maybe get them to buy into these books.
michelle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Actually I think it's the other way around. AOL wishes to reach out to the teenage audience that likes manga, and win them over to AOL. The likelihood of the publishers of the How To Draw books being able to convince AOL to promote them in this way seems far less probable. If they want to sell their books, they already know where to go - the anime & manga communities!
Animefreak08

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:27 pm Reply with quote
omfg it teh an1m3!1!!!!11 WTF?!!11 KTHXBAI!!!11 Yeah, I can picture it now Rolling Eyes .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2