Isekai Izakaya Anime Gets Blu-ray Release Only If 300 Pre-order It
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
The official website for Isekai Izakaya: Japanese Food From Another World (Isekai Izakaya: Koto Aitheria no Izakaya Nobu), the anime of Natsuya Semikawa's Otherworldly Izakaya "Nobu" (Isekai Izakaya "Nobu") light novel series, announced on Tuesday that the anime will only have a Blu-ray Disc release if it receives at least 300 pre-orders. The release will be limited to the number of pre-orders received.
In addition, the site revealed that the release will unlock more and more bonus materials, as the number of pre-orders rise. The items and the pre-order numbers required to unlock them include:
- 300 pre-orders: Production goes forward with box, jacket illustration by Kururi, original novel by Semikawa, original manga by Virginia Nitōhei
- 400 pre-orders: A teardrop-shaped silver coin that functions as a Gurunavi coupon
- 500 pre-orders: A frame of actual key animation with serial number
- 600 pre-orders: A booklet with writings and autographs from the anime staff
- 700 pre-orders: Audio commentary track
- 1000 pre-orders: Live-action parts will be included (and the release expands into a two-disc set)
Regardless of level, the single-volume release, if it moves forward, would include all 24 episodes of the anime. The Blu-ray Disc is slated for release on or after April 2019.
Katsumi Ono (Hataraki Man, Senki Zesshō Symphogear AXZ) directed the anime at Sunrise. Shin Yoshida (Yu-Gi-Oh!, Speed Grapher) supervised and wrote the series scripts, and Mariko Ito (Log Horizon, ViVid Strike!, Anonymous Noise) designed the characters. Maiko Murase was responsible for sub character designs. Kumi Ishii served as designer and chief animation director for the cuisine.
The novels center on a bar called "Nobu" — located in Kyoto, Japan, but with a door that is connected to the bar in another world. The visitors include denizens of the other world, and customers seek out its excellent "Toriaezu Nama" ale and cuisine.