Crunchyroll Adds 'Farewell, My Dear Cramer' Film Later Tonight
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
Crunchyroll announced on Thursday that it will add Eiga Sayonara Watashi no Cramer First Touch, the anime film of Naoshi Arakawa's Farewell, My Dear Cramer (Sayonara Watashi no Cramer) manga. The film will be available streaming on Crunchyroll later today at 12:00 a.m. EDT/9:00 p.m. PDT, and will be available worldwide except in Asia.
The film's staff initially planned to release the film on April 1. However, the staff delayed the film due to "various circumstances" to June 11, and expressed hopes of a resolution to the new coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
- Miyuri Shimabukuro as Nozomi Onda
- Shion Wakayama as Sawa Echizen
- Kouki Uchiyama as Tetsuji Yamada
- Ryota Ohsaka as Kaoru Takei
- Ryoko Shiraishi as Junpei Onda
- Koji Yusa as Kōzō Sameji
- Shimba Tsuchiya as Yasuaki Tani
- Tomoyo Kurosawa as Sumire Suō
- Aoi Yūki as Midori Soshizaki
- Shiho Kokido as Aya Shiratori
- Yu Shimamura as Eriko Tase
- Marina Yamada as Makoto Miyasaka
- Rena Maeda as Rui Kikuchi
- Azumi Waki as Ayumi Kishi
- Misano Sakai as Saori Koshi
- Anzu Haruno as Noriko Okachimachi
- Rena Hasegawa as Karina Kakogawa
- Yuko Kaida as Naoko Nо̄mi
- Junichi Suwabe as Gо̄ro Fukatsu
- Saori Hayami as Mizuki Kaji
- Yui Ishikawa as Haruna Itō
- Makoto Koichi as Mao Tsukuda
- Yui Makino as Chika Kirishima
- Aika Kobayashi as Yū Tenma
- Hiroko Kiso as Alice Adatara
- Nichika Omori as Kei Hanabusa
- Takaya Kuroda as Eiken Asuka
- Kazuhiro Yamaji as Kenroku Washizu
- Yumi Uchiyama as Rei Kutani
- Hinatazaka46 idol group member Yūka Kageyama
- Mikako Komatsu as Nanami Zaisen
- Sho Hayami as Masahiro Gotōda
The film's story adapts the Sayonara, Football prequel manga, which follows Nozomi in junior high school.
Seiki Takuno (Boarding School Juliet, Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches) is directing the TV series and film at LIDEN FILMS, and Natsuko Takahashi (Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Cutie Honey Universe) is writing the script. Eriko Itō (Hamatora, Ane Log) is designing the characters, and Masaru Yokoyama (Your Lie in April, Fruits Basket) is composing the music. Aika Kobayashi performs the opening theme song "Ambitious Goal."
With no soccer accomplishments to speak of during the entirety of Sumire Suo's junior high school years, the young wing gets an odd offer. Suo's main rival, Midori Soshizaki, invites her to join up on the same team in high school, with a promise that she'll never let Suo “play alone.” It's an earnest offer, but the question is whether Suo will take her up on it. Thus the curtain opens on a story that collects an enormous cast of individual soccer-playing personalities!
Arakawa launched the manga in May 2016.