• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Train to the End of the World Anime's 12th Episode Delayed by 1 Week

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glordit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:27 am Reply with quote
I wonder if anything doesn't have to do with the recent Kadokawa hack. Almost all of their sites are down right now.
paulchaested

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:50 am Reply with quote
Glordit wrote:
I wonder if anything doesn't have to do with the recent Kadokawa hack. Almost all of their sites are down right now.

Most likely due to how extremely tight the schedule for this show is. I believe around when episode 3 finished, the director mentioned that they were still working on episode 4. It's actually a miracle that the staff and studio managed put out 11 episode without a production meltdown and somewhat having consistent quality.
InNeedOfAName

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:58 am Reply with quote
Glordit wrote:

No, it's probably not. Ever since the anime started airing the director has talked about how they've been barely making deadlines. I think he said the latest episode was finished on Thursday (someone correct me if I'm wrong).
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:32 am Reply with quote
Dang... they almost made it... just one episode to go. Oh well.
tootbrush

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:03 am Reply with quote
Yeah, saw this coming after what he's been saying on social media.
paulchaested wrote:
I believe around when episode 3 finished, the director mentioned that they were still working on episode 4.

He tweeted that after episode 1. I don't remember if he did it after 3 too.
Then after episode 6 he tweeted that episode 8 isn't done yet.
impognagrift

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Now that's rare, Japanese trains actually running late.

(sorry, I'm not sorry)
WANNFH

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Glordit wrote:
Nay, it's actually the screwed up schedule issues - Mizushima and team literally fought up to last week to deliver the animation without screwing it up somehow in terms of quality, to the point that last episodes were made literally a few days before they shown on TV - and everyone who followed his Twitter knew that, so delay news were pretty much inevitable at this point, though no one really thought they will go as far as making 11 episodes at time somehow because the scheduling was that bad.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 3:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised the delay is only a week, usually when this kinda thing happens we don't see the end of the show for months.
Millhi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Hagaren Viper wrote:
I'm surprised the delay is only a week, usually when this kinda thing happens we don't see the end of the show for months.

Probably bcs its 12 eps in a 13 week timeslot so they have the leeway to delay it 1 week without much problems of when to air.
It also starting on 1 April (week 1) instead of week 2 or so might also have helped.
TobyAdam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 4:41 pm Reply with quote
The widespread outage of Kadokawa sites might indeed be linked to the recent hack. Cyberattacks can disrupt services significantly, leading to downtime as security teams address vulnerabilities and restore systems. Keep an eye on official updates for confirmation and further details.
Pokenatic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Honestly surprised to hear that the production was that down to the wire considering how good the series looks overall.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WANNFH

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:20 am Reply with quote
Pokenatic wrote:
Honestly surprised to hear that the production was that down to the wire considering how good the series looks overall.
Yeah, it's honestly both impressive and completely god-awful to see how consistent the quality of the show was under completely train-wrecked production schedule timings, with only 1/3 of episodes being ready at a time and all of the others are made between this three months.

At this point you expect the cursed levels of animation quality breaking like what usually expected with the the shows with unhealthy levels of production - but no, it's way above average levels show, and god knows how much luck and blood Mizushima and EMT2 actually put into achieving that without delaying the show long time ago.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 4:35 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Train to the End of the World Anime's 12th Episode Delayed by 1 Week

When art imitates life. A fantasy based on reality. You can't make this up.
Velluekk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:06 am Reply with quote
Why are some people here pretending that episode 12 got delayed by like a year? LMAO
Velluekk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:25 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
Pokenatic wrote:
Yeah, it's honestly both impressive and completely god-awful to see how consistent the quality of the show was under completely train-wrecked production schedule timings, with only 1/3 of episodes being ready at a time and all of the others are made between this three months.

At this point you expect the cursed levels of animation quality breaking like what usually expected with the the shows with unhealthy levels of production - but no, it's way above average levels show, and god knows how much luck and blood Mizushima and EMT2 actually put into achieving that without delaying the show long time ago.

If you think this is bad, what do you think about the NieR:Automata anime, which got delayed for more than a year, and also, let's be real, solo leveling, which got delayed for more than a year since that anime was supposed to be 2 cours, not 1 cour season? For me, this is not bad. It's been a week, and one of the directors of Train to the End of the World is currently directing Gachiakuta at Studio Bones. It's funny when they announced the director and the last episode got delayed.

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2