• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
¿could this be bootlegs?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bosque

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:26 am Reply with quote
I saw another topic like this so i think it's no baned Smile
Well, i don't know very well how to know if vhs are legit or not. It was not common to falsify vhs with the box and all but i'm not very sure.

¿can you help me?

this is the item i'm talking about:
bootleg

Last edited by Bosque on Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
one3rd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:22 am Reply with quote
Well, I don't think there is a big VHS bootleg market these days with DVD being the primary format. I'd guess that it's legitimate.
remember love

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Bosque wrote:
I saw another topic like this so i think it's no baned Smile
Well, i don't know very well how to know if vhs are legit or not. It was not common to falsify vhs with the box and all but i'm not very sure.

¿can you help me?

this is the item i'm talking about:
http://articulo.mercadolibre.cl/MLC-3725461-coleccion-yamato-_JM

The vhs's themselves don't look bootleg because I have starblazers in vhs myself. Though box I do not have. But the cover of the one vhs tape I can diffenetly tell you is not a bootleg and if it is then the person who made the bootleg did an awesome job because it sticks to the real thing perfectly. But I'm almost certain that it's not bootleg I've just never seen the box before but the vhs picture same. Nova(the girl) on the side of vhs' is suppose to be there. Also, japanese lettering under her picture also suppose to be there. STar blazers lettering are exact. So I'm pretty darn sure that this is not a bootleg.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Bosque

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Oh thank you very much.
Your help is very useful and i think i'm taking that item Anime smile

Bye.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
remember love

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:13 pm Reply with quote
wait jsut a second I just realized something. The numbers roman numerals my vhs don'thave roman numerals. You might want to hold up ont he buying part. Hope I got to you in time. Now english is your second hand language right? So are you getting this in another country? Because if you are maybe that's the reason it's in roman numerals because my vhs arent roman numerals.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
remember love

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Well the website is different language other than english...so....it's possible that it was suppose to be roman numerals so people from your country will know the numbers.
Bosque

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:30 am Reply with quote
well, i'm in Chile but the set is suposed to be North American (USA).
And i haven't buy it yet Surprised
thanks for noticing that.
¿You mean the "I" "II" and that right?
Oh, i hope it's legit cause importing things is toooo expensive here and local stores just sell bootlegs... life is hard Sad
remember love

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Bosque wrote:
well, i'm in Chile but the set is suposed to be North American (USA).
And i haven't buy it yet Surprised
thanks for noticing that.
¿You mean the "I" "II" and that right?
Oh, i hope it's legit cause importing things is toooo expensive here and local stores just sell bootlegs... life is hard Sad

the I and II yes that's what I am talking about. I and II are roman numerals, my vhs I know positively aren't bootleggs and are American and have regualr 1 and 2 numbers, so now I'm positive they are actually bootlegs. I must say though they did a great job on the boxes but thank goodness I caught there screw up in time. Sorry for making you think otherwise.
Bosque

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:24 am Reply with quote
Oh, without your help I could waste 25.000 pesos in bootlegs Surprised and that couldn't be good.
Thanks a lot, you saved my life Wink
remember love

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Well, your welcome. I'm going to contact ANN to ask them to take off your link there since we know now it's bootlegged.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1