• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
TFAW a good store?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:13 am Reply with quote
I was browsing around for a box set and checked the links in the encyclopedia to the online stores that ANN links too but decided to look around a bit more. I came across TFAW which seems to have it for about 10$ less than even DDD after their current discount they're running but I've never heard of TFAW before. Basically want to know if anyone has experience with them and if they're a good store to order through, they look reputable enough but just thought I'd double check.

Last edited by Keonyn on Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
one3rd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:03 pm Reply with quote
It looks ok to me. You could try a small order before committing more money to them. I always recommend shopping around to get the best price though. The specials at The Right Stuf are usually really good. DDD and Overstock.com usually have really good regular prices and cheap or free shipping. TRSI has a free shipping option if you order $49 or more, even if the order has to be broken up because things are on backorder, so you don't get charged any more for shipping. Pretty much all of the anime that I buy new comes from those three stores.
TheAlmightyMe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
I was browsing around for a box set and checked the links in the encyclopedia to the online stores that ANN links too but decided to look around a bit more. I came across TFAW which seems to have it for about 10$ less than even DDD after their current discount they're running but I've never heard of TFAW before. Basically want to know if anyone has experience with them and if they're a good store to order through, they look reputable enough but just thought I'd double check.

TFAW is owned by DarkHosre Comics.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Well, I usually do prefer to order from Right Stuf since they are based in Iowa so even their slowest shipping pretty much arrives within a day or two. I've dealt with Overstock before and have had issues with them, they did have the cheapest price but I'm just not too fond of their service so I decided to stick with TFAW and give it a shot. They had the Haibane Renmei boxset for less than DDD and TRSI had it even with current promotions.

Appreciate the responses though, being that they're owned by Dark Horse I'm confident the place should be legit and professional. Heh, will know soon enough.

Edit: Not bad, it just arrived, not too shabby for a holiday week.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1