• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime you're thankful for

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:38 pm Reply with quote
It's Thanksgiving, so I need to bring up this topic even though it is a bit odd. Although probably most people are enjoying Thanksgiving with their relatives, I have work today so I can't go with my family Sad . So instead I'll bring this topic up.

An anime I am thankful for is Galaxy Angel. A very happy show that always cheers me up when I am down. I've got some great laughs from it. It always brightens up my day.

Edit: I keep on forgeting that this is an international site. Thanksgiving isn't an international holiday. Sorry about that. Oh, well.

Last edited by PantsGoblin on Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Efan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:46 pm Reply with quote
An anime that I'm thankful for would have to be Love Hina. Not only does it make me laugh, but it also makes me feel like even though people may consider me a "loser", i could be worse (like Keitarou).

P.S. In Canada our thanksgiving was in october but i figured i might as well go with the flow Wink .
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:02 pm Reply with quote
I like this topic very much - thanks, PantsGoblin.

I'm thankful for Haibane Renmei, one of the purest messages of hope and the redemption of despairing souls that I have ever come across.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bonta-kun87

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Anime I'm thankful for? I do like Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu. It makes me laugh when I'm feeling down. Very Happy Especially when Kaname beats on Sousuke when he does something stupid, lol.

Edit: I totally agree with the last part of SirWence's post. I'm just thankful to have anime as well. Anime exclamation

Last edited by Bonta-kun87 on Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
SirWence

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:53 pm Reply with quote
I am thankful for blue seed ... the first full anime series I owned on dvd. Go Momiji and her cute animal panties LOL. And I am just thankful for Anime in general Smile
Joe anime

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:55 pm Reply with quote
The anime i'm thankful for is Chobits,it's got a nice intro theme
and storyline is my part of the series.i'm also thankful anime exists. Very Happy
Animekid08.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Efan wrote:
An anime that I'm thankful for would have to be Love Hina. Not only does it make me laugh, but it also makes me feel like even though people may consider me a "loser", i could be worse (like Keitarou).

You stink, I was going to say that.

I am also thankful for Full Metal Alchemist because it showed me that an anime's spoiler[ theme can actually be the opposite than you think it is. Throughout the whole thing you are lead to think "Equivelant Exchange" but then they flip the tables and show you that life isn't fair at all.] I think thats really cool

And of course I have to mention Yu Yu Hakusho because it is an awesome show that I was obbossed with in 4th grade. And 3 years later, I'm still a BIG fan (not obbssed anymore).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
huh?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:16 pm Reply with quote
im thankful for cowboy bebop. when it first came on AS it showed me that there was much more out there than dbz and I've been real into anime since.
.Sy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm thankful for a lot of titles, both manga and anime. But I'm especially thankful for Neon Genesis Evangelion. It's a bit older, and the animation isn't as flashy. Which is a good thing, because I think I might just scream after being inundated with shows that exhibit all that captivating high-tech animation. And lots of mecha! Anime hyper
Tolarian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Hmmmm I am thankful for .Hack//SIGN, Naruto, Evangellion, and Hellsing. =D Tho I am Canadien and I had thanks giving like a month ago! =D... I haven't watched very many anime's and I am thankful that where getting an all-anime channel in Canada (FINALLY! I herd theres going to be one siometime in fall 2006 Tho it may juet be a disipointing rumor. Anime hyper) Oooh and you have to be thankful for Cheese mmmmmm cheese!(Not an anime I just love cheese)

Ooh and to be most thankful for I went to AC-Cubed in down-town Ottawa in ON,Canada it was fun I went with 3 friends and we all dressed up as .Hack//SIGN charecters =D Cosplay!

Last edited by Tolarian on Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Efan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Tolarian wrote:
hmmmm i am thankful for .Hack//SIGN, Naruto, Evangellion, and Hellsing. =D tho i am Canadien and i had thanks giving like a month ago! =D... i haven't watched very many anime's and i am thankful that where getting an all-anime channel in Canada (FINALLY! i herd theres going to be one siometime in fall 2006 tho it may juet be a disipointing rumor Anime hyper) oooh and you have to be thankful for Cheese mmmmmm cheese!(not an anime i just love cheese)

ooh and to be most thankful for i went to AC-Cubed in down-town Ottawa in ON,Canada it was fun i went with 3 friends and we all dressed up as .Hack//SIGN charecters =D Cosplay!

Wow buddy, i know you're excited but take a chill pill man... I also forgot to mention, I'm thankful for Trigun for teaching me that things are not always what they seem, which may prove to be a good thing to know in the future when spoiler[Dormcats super-human race of cyborgs try to take over the world].
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Anime I'm thankful for would have to be Cowboy Bebop, Naruto, and Samurai Champloo. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop I know it's more than one, but I'm thankful for Cowboy Bebop because it saved me from getting out of anime. Naruto because of all the fun I get from looking up sweet sweet yaoi [insert giggles here], and Samurai Champloo because of the hip-hop, new age style samurai. I love original old type of stories with a little pizazz.
Verdoozle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:30 pm Reply with quote
An Anime that I am really thankful for is Gundam Wing. This is the first series I ever watch for anime. It was on cartoon network back in the old toonami era. I really liked it and because of it I started checking out other anime. Gundam wing is the series that got everything going for me in anime.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Watching Now and Then, Here and There was a heartbreaking experience. Compared with sufferings and ordeals experienced by lead characters (which are happening in parts of our own world as well), I realized that being able to sit in front of a computer in an air-conditioned room is such a precious privilege and luxury.

Efan wrote:
when spoiler[Dormcats super-human race of cyborgs try to take over the world].

You'll be the perfect subject for the prototype I'm developing now. Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Baal Zebul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:04 am Reply with quote
Gungrave, because it is like an anime version of the Sopranos with zombies. Also, it gives me faith that another SMT anime might be made. Hey, it if happened to Gungrave, why not to a more popular series?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3