• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Promo Boxes

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ataru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Gai Super Napalm wrote:

I always thought of Animeigo as the working designs of anime dvds...

The delay part, yes. Tons of extras stuff, heck no.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:

Gai Super Napalm wrote:

I always thought of Animeigo as the working designs of anime dvds...

The delay part, yes. Tons of extras stuff, heck no.

Yeah, but I like the Urusei Yatsura TV series DVDs just fine without extras. I even don't mind the bare bones, static menus... the only language on the disks (TV series only) is Japanese , so they don't really need a separate menu for the languages. Since the market for the Urusei Yatsura TV episodes is so small, it's just not worth putting much on the disk without affecting the price. I'd rather they put all their resources into making the episodes themselves look good, and so far, they've done a commendable job. I notice all sorts of detail in the image I never noticed on VHS.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:

Yeah, but I like the Urusei Yatsura TV series DVDs just fine without extras. I even don't mind the bare bones, static menus... the only language on the disks (TV series only) is Japanese , so they don't really need a separate menu for the languages. Since the market for the Urusei Yatsura TV episodes is so small, it's just not worth putting much on the disk without affecting the price. I'd rather they put all their resources into making the episodes themselves look good, and so far, they've done a commendable job. I notice all sorts of detail in the image I never noticed on VHS.

I'm more then happy that it's alot cleaner and improved translation then it's VHS conterpart, but I'll like to see a clean opening and closing. *L* I don't think I want to hear the dubbed Urusei Yatsura TV 1, I already got it on VHS. Actually, they do. On my PowerDVD, you can get in the Subtitle, Language, and Angles Menus. True about the small market, but as the more DVDs AnimEigo puts out, the more extras that are on (Otaku No Video has very large image galary (around 100 if I remeber right.)) If I remember what I heard sometime ago (aka rumor) there are going to a nice amount of extras on the upcoming movies to included the dubbed Movie 1.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 12:48 am Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:

I'm more then happy that it's alot cleaner and improved translation then it's VHS conterpart, but I'll like to see a clean opening and closing.

Do credits free versions of the openings and closings exist? I mean, the oldest episodes of Urusei Yatsura are 21 years old now, and the original animation from the openings, before they superimposed the Japanese credits over them, might be a little hard to come by. Probably the same reason you don't find image galleries on the disks... when they first animated Urusei Yatsura, Kitty Films probably didn't think too much about the secondary video market for the episodes (domestic or overseas) and they certainly did not anticipate the sort of special features that people expect on DVD, so they probably disposed of (or sold to collectors) the sort of stuff that they'd use as "bonus materials" today as soon as they were finished with them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 11:54 am Reply with quote
Oh no, I can understand that, but I meant without the English credits (There need to a smilely face with a sweet drip.) Anime smile;; I would image that when they come out with the Dubbed Movie 1, they add a commenty track, much like AMG OVAs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2