• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sailor Moon Crystal Cast Adds Misa Watanabe, Daisuke Kishio, Kousuke Toriumi, More

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dalejandro72

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:45 am Reply with quote
just saw pretty cure and dokidoki animation and Crystal's is top notch.. sorry guys but I'm really happy with the work they put into it. remember this is only starting, if they go all the way up to stars season they have plenty of stuff to add.. i for one I'm thankful they are doing this, so many people complained and hoped for them to bring back sailormoon, and now when they finally do , people aren't happy. lol can't please everyone
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:38 am Reply with quote
If ya guys still done raging and curious about that New Sailor Moon's Premiere Event that Excludes Men — Unless Accompanied by Women, here's a rundown of the event:

"We attend Sailor Moon’s birthday bash — and watch a preview of Sailor Moon Crystal!"

• ▼This is the Zepp Diver City, where the event, officially called “Usagi Tsukino’s Birthday Party: Special ViVi Night“, was held.

▼The lobby area was filled with cute decorations to commemorate Usagi’s birthday.

▼The cast of the Sailor Moon stage musical also appeared and thrilled the crowd with their performance of some of the songs from the musical. The beautiful set on the stage was designed after the Silver Millennium kingdom.

▼Fumio Osano, known as “Osabu” among fans, who was the editor in charge of the Sailor Moon series during the time it was serialized in Nakayoshi, also joined in the festivities …

▼… as did Kenji Nojima, who will be playing the voice of Tuxedo Mask/Mamoru Chiba in the new anime, all to the delight of the crowd.

The participants in the birthday event were also lucky enough to be treated to a performance by the hugely popular idol group Momoiro Clover Z, who is singing the theme songs for the new Sailor Moon Crystal anime. Although they didn’t perform the songs from the new anime, the crowd was absolutely thrilled to hear the group’s rendition of Moonlight Densetsu (Moonlight Legend) and Tuxedo Mirage, the opening and ending themes from the first anime series. (Now that really must have been a blast, because well … all right, how many of you can still sing Moonlight Densetsu from memory? I know I can … just the first verse, though.)

And finally, the moment the fans had been waiting for arrived — the world premier screening of the new Sailor Moon Crystal anime — and the lucky crowd got to see the entire first episode!

And the Usagi we saw in the first episode of the new series didn’t disappoint! The ephemeral, translucent quality of Takeuchi’s manga art seems to have been beautifully recreated, as well as the familiar scenes and lines. Our reporter, who as an avid fan has read the comic more times than she can count, admits she was quite moved, as the new anime seemed to bring illustrations of the original manga to life.

That said, Sailor Moon Crystal also retains the slightly exaggerated and sometimes comical action that is characteristic of anime. And to our delight, Sailor Moon’s trademark transformation scene as well as her lines and pose in battle are very much a part of the new series, perhaps even with more power and energy than before. In fact, many in the crowd seemed to sigh in content to see the spirit of the first anime well and alive in Sailor Moon Crystal.

So, we know that at least the first episode is quite faithful to the original comic, but it seems there are still many details our reporter is dying to find out … like how old will they make Mamoru (Tuxedo Mask), who was a high school student in the manga but a university student in the first anime, and will they keep the story line about Sailor Venus having spent time abroad … and oh, what about the new tiara which they didn’t have in the first anime? Yes, there are many questions to be answered, but we’ll just have to wait for the broadcast, won’t we?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2