Forum - View topic
Akame ga Kill! (TV).


Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ChibiKangaroo



Joined: 01 Feb 2010
Posts: 2208

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Jacquipuff wrote:

Don't particularly like Mine at the moment, but it seems like we'll be seeing more of her next episode, so we'll see how I feel once she gets some more development.


Is that a small breast crack??? Wink


Yea one downside for me with this show is that Mine looks like just about every other loli tsundere we have seen in recent tymes, even with the pink hair and everything ;0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vaisaga



Joined: 07 Oct 2011
Posts: 7990
Location: Windsor Ontario

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:06 pm Reply with quote
At least she's voiced by Yukari Tamura instead of Rie Kugimiya.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Jacquipuff



Joined: 02 Jul 2014
Posts: 254
Location: Silver Spring, MD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Jacquipuff wrote:

Don't particularly like Mine at the moment, but it seems like we'll be seeing more of her next episode, so we'll see how I feel once she gets some more development.


Is that a small breast crack??? Wink


Hah! I actually try to go through my posts before hitting "Submit" in order to avoid any possible accidental innuendo/double entendres, but I guess I missed this one (though maybe you're just more adept at spotting them than I am?). Very Happy

In all seriousness though, I actually do like Mine's character design, despite the fact that it is about 95% one color (and so is Sheele's, now that I look at it again).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Yttrbio
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 09 Jun 2011
Posts: 2711

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Jacquipuff wrote:
Hah! I actually try to go through my posts before hitting "Submit" in order to avoid any possible accidental innuendo/double entendres, but I guess I missed this one (though maybe you're just more adept at spotting them than I am?). Very Happy
I do the same. I definitely want all my innuendo/double entendres to be deliberate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bango



Joined: 06 Jul 2013
Posts: 1122

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Another fantastic episode, pushing this show up to my #1 spot right now. Mad cred for the girls spoiler[not babysitting him on his mission] and him spoiler[actually accomplishing it]. Cool disarming skills, too.

I'm passive on Mine right now. I feel like somebody on the team should dislike him and I'm glad that person isn't Akame, as would be industry standard. Also Mine kind of reminds me of one of my favourite Highschool of the Dead characters on first glance, so that's bonus points right there. Let's see what next episodes holds for her. Well, except underwear.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
leatherhead333



Joined: 15 Aug 2013
Posts: 1075
Location: Kansas

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:58 am Reply with quote
The sense of humor in this anime so disgusting that it makes my stomach turn. At the beginning of the episode i was happy to see Tatsumi remenancing about his friends death but they quickly blew the incident over again by trying to insert an unfunny comedic moment. He does it later again and of course WE can't HAVE PEOPLE CARE ABOUT DEATH AROUND HERE! Rolling Eyes

Basically all I'm getting is that we have a ragtag group of people that think they are going to change the world by killing evil people. But said evil people are always Disney levels of generic so of course that's supposed to make the viewer hate them so much that there is satisfaction when they die. Classy storytelling. Couple that with them glossing over the backstories of characters like Akame as if such details aren't important and you've got a recipe for some compelling storytelling Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bango



Joined: 06 Jul 2013
Posts: 1122

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:30 am Reply with quote
Glossing over backstories... episode 2... wow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Blood-
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!It...it's not like I post for you or anything!


Joined: 07 Mar 2009
Posts: 16091
Location: Toronto, Canada

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:56 am Reply with quote
Yep, that's leatherhead333 for ya - purveyor of fine, well-thought criticisms since 1879.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!It...it's not like I post for you or anything!


Joined: 10 Mar 2009
Posts: 9075
Location: Brisbane, Australia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:43 am Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
But said evil people are always Disney levels of generic so of course that's supposed to make the viewer hate them so much that there is satisfaction when they die.

Apparently Disney villains kidnap traveller and torture them to death, and take bribes to frame entire families into being executed. What Disney movies are these? Wait, were there Nazis in a Disney film?

True the villains so far have been super evil, but they have been in a system where those who are willing to do bad things probably have a good chance to raise up ranks. Or authorities are so corrupt that truly evil things can happen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Blood-
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!It...it's not like I post for you or anything!


Joined: 07 Mar 2009
Posts: 16091
Location: Toronto, Canada

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:13 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
leatherhead333 wrote:
But said evil people are always Disney levels of generic so of course that's supposed to make the viewer hate them so much that there is satisfaction when they die.

Apparently Disney villains kidnap traveller and torture them to death, and take bribes to frame entire families into being executed. What Disney movies are these?


I believe that's from "Bambi." Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti



Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 2746

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:05 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
ApparentlyDisney villains kidnap traveller and torture them to death, and take bribes to frame entire families into being executed. What Disney movies are these? Wait, were there Nazis in a Disney film?

I think that pretty well describes what Clayton did in Tarzan, except for the overt torture. Definitely kidnapping of entire families, with money and executions involved. Captain Hook in Peter Pan kept trying for execution, and he too had multiple kidnappings on his rap sheet. And let's not forget Cruella DeVille!

So yeah, for Disney villains, kidnapping and attempted murder seems to be standard; on-screen torture, not so much. Although there is that memorable image of the Prince chained in a dungeon in Sleeping Beauty... >.>

Btw, if you count live action, Nazis were the villains in Bedknobs and Broomsticks. I won't count the WWII propaganda cartoons.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DuskyPredator
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!It...it's not like I post for you or anything!


Joined: 10 Mar 2009
Posts: 9075
Location: Brisbane, Australia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Btw, if you count live action, Nazis were the villains in Bedknobs and Broomsticks. I won't count the WWII propaganda cartoons.

So then the answer to beat the bad guys should be to animate archaic armour, and have them kick the bad guys' butts (literally). No political assassinations necessary.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
leatherhead333



Joined: 15 Aug 2013
Posts: 1075
Location: Kansas

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:
ApparentlyDisney villains kidnap traveller and torture them to death, and take bribes to frame entire families into being executed. What Disney movies are these? Wait, were there Nazis in a Disney film?

I think that pretty well describes what Clayton did in Tarzan, except for the overt torture. Definitely kidnapping of entire families, with money and executions involved. Captain Hook in Peter Pan kept trying for execution, and he too had multiple kidnappings on his rap sheet. And let's not forget Cruella DeVille!

So yeah, for Disney villains, kidnapping and attempted murder seems to be standard; on-screen torture, not so much. Although there is that memorable image of the Prince chained in a dungeon in Sleeping Beauty... >.>

Btw, if you count live action, Nazis were the villains in Bedknobs and Broomsticks. I won't count the WWII propaganda cartoons.


I believe you are forgetting Scar who probably has one of the most sadistic onscreen murder in Disney history. He not only kills Mufasa but taunts him before offing him in a horrific stampede while trying to have his nephew killed afterwards all so he could be king. That level of evilness definitely resonates in this show lol.


Last edited by leatherhead333 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vaisaga



Joined: 07 Oct 2011
Posts: 7990
Location: Windsor Ontario

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:02 pm Reply with quote
If you think it's bad now, just hope the anime doesn't introduce Wild Hunt.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Gina Szanboti



Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 2746

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:44 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
So then the answer to beat the bad guys should be to animate archaic armour, and have them kick the bad guys' butts (literally). No political assassinations necessary.

Ah, if only. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 35

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group