• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kin-iro Mosaic (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:07 am Reply with quote
I liked Karen distracting the teacher with English. Also Alice finally got to go home to see her family, which with the show I have been thinking was important.

And the magical girl dream sequence.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Well, that's it for the season. Just like last time, there was a nice little teaser for a possible future season at the end.

One of my favorite things about this franchise is how it seems to make every moment of airtime count. The writers really packed a LOT of character development into each episode, and I think it paid off: the Shino Club continue to be my favorite characters to watch fritter away their summer afternoons.

This is one of the two shows this season that I know for sure I'll be picking up on DVD. Sure, it wasn't the most groundbreaking show in the world, but in terms of what it set out to accomplish, it more than met my expectations.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping this series gets another season in the future, just too cute every weekend to see Karen, Alice, etc doing fun stuff around their life.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 12 (finale)

They say that distance makes the heart grow fonder, and between Shino and Alice that is something. I really enjoyed that it was not just a dream that Shino was meeting Alice in England, but that Alice had got Karen to dress up as Shino. You only have to see Alice hug her mother to see that it was important, after all Alice was also suffering from major homesickness earlier.

And after the reunion we got into whether Shino's dream of becoming an interpreter are really that feasible. Kind of said what we were thinking that Shino's talents might really lie in something else, more specifically that she is good at needle and thread, although Alice could be perfect for it. But Shino is not giving up that easily while she still has the chance.

This is a fun series, the second season might not have been as fresh as the first, but it still has all of the charm, which is what it excels at. I would not mind seeing more, but just as a general idea, this episode in showing Alice's house also acted as acted like a great bookend to the very first episode. Could charm alone hold another season. Either way I rate season 2 as only Good, but I think that is because it is largely more of the same, although it gets mighty close with a few new elements, but a must watch for those that enjoyed the first season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6