• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New WIXOSS TV Anime's Teaser Video Reveals Cast, Staff, Story

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:52 pm Reply with quote
elior1 wrote:
jymmy wrote:
John Hayabusa wrote:
Apparently, you did not get my point. To be fair, I should have been more clear about my earlier post. I did say about preferring a more direct sequel which is not a horrible idea. Making a complete story incomplete is not always wrong and "dumb". If it is dumb, then why other series like Symphogear keep getting new seasons when it should have been completed in S1 or S2?

With selector, my view at least is that it obviously would be. With other, different anime, it might not be.

John Hayabusa wrote:
My complaint has nothing to do with new story or the new art. It is just that there the new WIXOSS anime has lost the uniqueness that separates the series from other card game anime. And yes, I am aware WIXOSS has a couple of manga that take place in the same universe. Both the manga and the anime have that uniqueness that the upcoming anime has lost. I will let you figure it out what that uniqueness is.

Great, that means you don't have to explain what it is or why you think it matters. A lot harder to debate with you, then. Interesting that you said "I should have been more clear about my earlier post", any then you decide not to be. I'd love to hear your actual criticism if you'd care to say what it is.

John Hayabusa wrote:
If you think I am the only one having a problem with it, then you are mistaken, my friend.

Why would I be interested in the existence of some abstract group of offended people? The sort of people who would become upset by a trailer are exactly the sort of people who are likely to hold childish, entitled views in the first place. Were you going to expand on this, by maybe telling me how I was mistaken, who those people are and what problem they have with it?

You're free to say it doesn't look interesting for whatever reason, but that very vague point seems only to imply that there are people who can't cope with something being different from what they expected. This is what I interpreted your post as being, what I'd be interested in hearing something to contradict and why I responded to you in the first place.
after watch season 1 and 2 there is no need for squal since all is resolved the pepole who suffering are free the cards became human. there is no need for squal

i guess you haven't watch yugioh then. though it wasnt a tv sequel , the destructed movie is indeed the sequel to seasons 1 & 2. also just like YGO , alongs as the TCG is crazy popular , there are gonna be more wixoss spinoffs. and though the chances of a direct sequel to infected and spread is highly unlikely , its also not plausible either considering how popular ruko and tama are and if there a large enough fanbase ,that project selector committee might consider it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jymmy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:11 am Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
i guess you haven't watch yugioh then. though it wasnt a tv sequel , the destructed movie is indeed the sequel to seasons 1 & 2

I... guess you haven't watched selector destructed WIXOSS, then, because it wasn't a sequel. By the way, it's unnecessary – discouraged, actually – to quote massive amounts of text like that.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:49 am Reply with quote
well according to the ANN info on the movie its classified as a sequel so i will take it to their word.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jymmy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:30 am Reply with quote
Or you can take the word of someone who's seen it instead.

If memory recalls, it was listed as a sequel on ANN (and other websites, and the WIXOSS wiki) before any information about the movie was released which proved it was not a sequel was available (that is to say, the release of the movie).

The movie covers events a couple of minutes (days?) after the end of the series, but it also covers events in Ruuko's childhood, so if anything it's more of a prequel. But obviously it's neither: it's a recap movie with some additional material.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:46 pm Reply with quote
i also remember the flashbacks of those scenes of ruko's childhood cause i also have seen the movie myself online and after seeing it i was certain its more like the gundam movies where its more or less a storytelling of infected and spread rolled into a movie, though its website when translated its more like a wrap up of the two season, so its technically a sequel even though the website said its neither. but i wouldnt call it a spinoff either. it was definitely a confusing movie to say the least.
jymmy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:49 am Reply with quote
So, wait, if you've seen the movie, why do you need someone or some authority to tell you the self-evident fact that it's a recap movie? 90% of its runtime is a condensed retelling of the TV series, and it doesn't introduce or develop any story elements after the events of the TV series. So it's a compilation movie.

Yes, the official website says the work is a new interpretation, but if you've watched it you know that it's the same story with some additional backstory, a couple of new scenes and one new character. They're not gonna say "It's basically just a recap. Some stuff's kind of different, but it isn't really. Come and see it anyway."
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2