• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Attack on Titan

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vonPeterhof

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Nordhmmer wrote:
Reiner's tipping point was[...]
Careful with the spoilers. The show hasn't spelled it out that clearly yet, and besides, this reveal originally came much later in the manga.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 3:10 pm Reply with quote
vonPeterhof wrote:
Nordhmmer wrote:
Careful with the spoilers. The show hasn't spelled it out that clearly yet, and besides, this reveal originally came much later in the manga.

It's not an anime spoiler because this is implied by a scene in this episode of the anime. (It's only an anime spoiler for those not up-to-date with the series.)

I think I might've missed a bit of what actually happened, because I didn't think Annie is the one that killed Marco -- I thought a random Titan did it and that Annie was with them when it happened. I'll have to re-watch it to be sure, though.
vonPeterhof

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
vonPeterhof wrote:
Nordhmmer wrote:

It's not an anime spoiler because this is implied by a scene in this episode of the anime. (It's only an anime spoiler for those not up-to-date with the series.)
Like I said, it wasn't spelled out nearly as clearly as it is in Nordhmmer's comment. It's not too hard to suss out the implications of what happened in the flashback, but there's a difference between coming to those conclusions yourself and having someone who's read ahead explain them for you.
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
'shots cutting back and forth between the Titans (Reiner and Bertholdt) and their captors (Ymir and Eren).'

I'm pretty sure you meant "captives", James.

Fix'd.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 5:58 pm Reply with quote
vonPeterhof wrote:
Like I said, it wasn't spelled out nearly as clearly as it is in Nordhmmer's comment. It's not too hard to suss out the implications of what happened in the flashback, but there's a difference between coming to those conclusions yourself and having someone who's read ahead explain them for you.

Well I fixed that.
Following the anime,episode 7's scene at 7:23 & epi 13's scene at 18:23( both of the 1st season),originally made me suspicious.Mind that the first season's adaption is what drew me to read the manga,and again I had already made that connection.
I apologize

vonPeterhof I would like to point out that chapter 46 does not have that scene.spoiler[ the anime adapted a good part of chap 77 and used it for episode 36(9).caught me be surprise.]
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:02 pm Reply with quote
vonPeterhof wrote:
Nordhmmer wrote:

though it doesnt mean that its not as impactful. hell their rematch is a doozy if nothing else.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Animechic420

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Her willingness to bargain Eren's fate back and forth like a poker chip proves that the well-being of her other comrades absolutely comes second to reuniting with Christa.

Precisely why I still don't like Ymir. Rolling Eyes
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:10 pm Reply with quote
I believe the current episode is 35, not 36.
7jaws7

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
it seems that the information we got on Ymir's backstory this week came much sooner than it was given in the manga.

They have to do something to fill up space. And with only a few episodes left after a series that was on hold for 4 years, I'd say it was about damn time for a true origin story.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:43 am Reply with quote
7jaws7 wrote:
Quote:
it seems that the information we got on Ymir's backstory this week came much sooner than it was given in the manga.

They have to do something to fill up space. And with only a few episodes left after a series that was on hold for 4 years, I'd say it was about damn time for a true origin story.

Well this is the second time they've included information from thirty plus chapters ahead.

For one hope this does not indicate there will be another long gap between cours.
青白

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:27 am Reply with quote
I knew you were going to choose that cover image for episode 36's review! That scene was absolutely beautiful, with the image of the vast desert and melancholic music. Brought tears to my eyes.
James_Beckett
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:22 pm Reply with quote
青白 wrote:
I knew you were going to choose that cover image for episode 36's review! That scene was absolutely beautiful, with the image of the vast desert and melancholic music. Brought tears to my eyes.

This is probably the easiest show I've ever reviewed in regards to finding cover images. Every episode has some kind of standout shot that screams "Hey, listen!" at me. Anime hyper
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:38 pm Reply with quote
ymir's back story feels full broken of plotholes unless you have an idea what's going on.
WeNTuS

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:40 am Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
ymir's back story feels full broken of plotholes unless you have an idea what's going on.

What? How can this flashback be a "full broken of plothole"?
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:09 pm Reply with quote
that have to be some kind of psuedo filler episode cause the manga haven't even once delved into ymir's past. their still in the progress of the yagers's dark history which is to say a serious doozy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 39