• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Persons.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:04 am Reply with quote
Yu KOBAYASHI

This one is simple. 小林 ゆう is the seiyuu, 小林 祐 is the animator.

OK, maybe not so simple since there looks to be two animators

小林 優:
Yugioh 5Ds
Special A
Hayate no Gotoku!!
Canaan
Railgun
Natsu no Arashi 2

小林 祐:
Miracle Train
Kiddy Girl-and

----

Hiroshi NISHIMURA (西村 緋禄司) - animation credits in the 60s and 80s, a 20 year gap then animation credits and one production credit in the 00s.
Kou NISHIMURA (西村 広) - one credit

According to this and this, the Hiroshi Nishimura who worked on the Tezuka stuff in the last century was actually 西村宏.

Since I know that 西村広 was the Kiddy Girl-and animator, that leaves 西村緋禄司. Just to confuse things, the Japanese Wikipedia also links him to Mushi/Tezuka Pro... OK, looks like they did both work on the Tezuka stuff so I'll have to check them all

西村宏:
(1965) Kimba the White Lion source
(1966) Jungle Emperor Leo source

西村緋禄司:
(1978) One Million-Year Trip: Bander Book source
(1979) Undersea Super Train: Marine Express source
(1983) (The) Green Cat (OAV) source
(1985) Love Position - The Legend of Halley (OAV) source

So, 西村宏 just did the stuff in the 60s, 西村緋禄司 did the 70s and 80s.

A random sampling of the key animation stuff from the last decade confirms it is all 西村広, which just leaves the production credit for Gantz.. the source given doesn't seem to reveal any staff at all. And.. the staff link on the official site itself is dead, and an archived copy doesn't give the name I'm looking for. Some fishing on Google suggests that the Gantz producer for Shochiku is 西村大志, which leads me here which suggests this person is actually Daishi Nishimura.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
HellKorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Hirotsugu Hamazaki
Hiroshi Hamazaki (Correct, with a slight change in spelling; see below.)

Same kanji. Directed the series Texhnolyze and Shigurui, and episode seven of Paranoia Agent. Funimation renders his name as "Hiroshi Hamasaki," and references the first and third anime in their DVD release of Shigurui.

See also this post.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:12 am Reply with quote
OK, so I entered five credits from here and three of them come up with duplicate errors:

More than one person has the name 渡部穏寛: Onkou Watabe, Odahiro Watanabe

The former has 8 credits and the latter 18. All are consistent. Family names are both plausible. Given name is on the rare to non-existent side.. in fact even the Japanese sites are confused (I've found "渡部穏寛 (わたなべ~~?)" and "渡部穏寛 わたべいんかん?"

More than one person has the name 織岐一寛: Kazuhiro Orichimata, Kazuhiro Oki

Actually, I already bought this one up here

More than one person has the name 北條直明: Naoaki Houjou, Naoaki Kitashino

The latter has only one credit and the former has.. lots.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
vegeta_lucas

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:07 pm Reply with quote
sorry, if it´s written over there, but... if somebody´s added, for exemple, an actor name in the DB, but the name´s wrong... should i just talk to you here the correct name, with a source, or i should create a new actor profile, with the correct name, so i can come here?

some duplicates that i found was.. (look, only the names are wrong, the papers are ok, at least the ones i´ve realized)

correct:
person#86118

wrong:
person#49430

----

correct:
person#49238

wrong:
person#48762

--------

correct:
person#84420

wrong:
person#52589
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:13 pm Reply with quote
I wanted to enter a credit for 飯島 傑. We don't have that Kanji in the database. Their surname is almost certainly Iijima but checking the possibly given name readings gave me three hits. There are clearly at least two people represented there, one of them being distinct enough to be ignored leaving

Takeshi IIJIMA - three key animation credits, however one is seperated from the others by nearly 20 years.
Suguru IIJIMA - again three key animation credits, all recent.

The two verifiable sources for Takeshi confirm this is the person I am looking for, but so do the two verifiable sources for Suguru..
A source I've located for the odd-man-out 1988 Urusei Yatsura credit also gives the same Kanji although I have my doubts it is the same person unless we have a lot of missing credits for the 90s so I have added the same kanji for both for now.

I've entered my new credit under Suguru, but I cannot confirm which reading is actually correct.
hashihime

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:38 am Reply with quote
Based on No Anime No Life:
http://yurichan.nerv.org/cgi-bin/xsearch.cgi?q=鎌仲史陽&m=s&e=&c=&x=s

The episodes entered for #55203 (for whom no kanji are given) are shown there as having been done by 鎌仲史陽 Fumihara Kamanaka #21256, for whom ANN shows seven episodes of six different anime, most but not all shown in the No Anime No Life page (which also shows numerous episodes and anime not mentioned on the ANN page).

To tell the truth, I am not sure which pronunciation of the kanji is better (both are possible), but it seems best to list all episodes under the one name.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Megumi SATO ( 佐藤 めぐみ) is a Seiyuu/actress (three credits)

Megumi SATOU (佐藤 恵) is a production.. person (two credits)

One of the key animators on KIDDY GiRL-AND episode 15 was also named 佐藤 恵.

佐藤 めぐみ has also been credited with 9 animation credits and 1 "production desk" credit. The latter would belong with the two credits above and the animation credits most likely all belong to a third person. A sample of the source links confirms the same Kanji used for both the animator and the production person.

----

Yukiko TAKAHASHI

The colourist is 高橋由紀子 (source, source), but there is also an animator with the same romaji, 高橋由希子 (source, KIDDY GiRL-AND episode 15 credits).

----

Just had three Kanji duplicates flagged:

More than one person has the name 津熊健徳: Takenori Tsuguma, Takenori Tsukuma, Kentoku Tsuguma

All three are credited with key animation. Takenori TSUKUMA has the most credits and seems to be the most likely reading also. The following Japanese site also agrees:
http://www18.atwiki.jp/sakuga/pages/343.html

----

and another:

More than one person has the name 五十川礼: Hiroshi Irakawa, Rei Ikagawa

All roles are key/in-between animation. The former has only two credits while the latter has eight. Rei seems to be the most popular reading for 礼 in our database. Between the two surname readings, Ikagawa also seems to be the most popular looking on Google.

----

"More than one person has the name 下地彩加"
Ayaka Shitaji (1 role)
Ayaka Shimoji (4 roles)

----

"More than one person has the name 北條直明:"
Naoaki Houjou (27 roles)
Naoaki Kitashino (1 role)
Plate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:26 am Reply with quote
RyuuAkutabi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:13 pm Reply with quote
"More than one person has the name 外山陽介: Yosuke Sotoyama, Yousuke Toyama"

Animator. Latter has only one credit, former has plenty.

----

Masami IMAI

Animator and seiyuu on the same page. Animator I have as 今井雅美 and viable source links agree. Seiyuu credit is from one of the English DVDs and while I have it also, it wouldn't shed any more light.

OK, took a bit of searching but found a site with the full cast with a matching character name
"「女の子C」 今井麻美さん"
http://nas.55street.net/ani82.html

Crosschecking "今井麻美" "ふもっふ" on google gives more sources including JA wikipedia.

We have this person in the database as Asami IMAI so an error was either made in the credits or while transcribing them. I know where my copy of the disc is so checking.. amusingly enough after all that the credits are untranslated on the DVD anyway thus confirming pretty conclusively that the credit belongs to Asami Imai. Resubmitting correctly and flagging existing credit as an error.
braves

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Ken Koike is actually Takeshi Koike. Even the kanji on Ken Koike's page translates to Takeshi Koike (source)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:56 am Reply with quote
Koji MIURA (三浦弘二)
Kouji MIURA (三浦浩児)

Both actually Kōji, two seperate people due to two different kanji and two different working areas, they have been separated by dint of using different romanisations however there seems to have been some leakage.

"Koji MIURA" is credited with key animation for 20 series and script for two. These two script credits almost certainly belong to the other guy (the source for one does confirms this also)

"Kouji Miura" is credited for script/screenplay/scenario for 5 series and "animation" for one, although that animation credit is almost certainly nothing to do with 三浦弘二 since it is a Tezuka anime from the 60s so we're probably looking at a third person.

The source for this old credit is en.tezuka.co.jp/anime/sakuhin/mv/mv005.html - that site has moved and while there is a page for the Jungle Emperor Leo series, there is no page for the movie and I can't bring the old page up in Alexa's archive. The Japanese equivalent of that page on the new site is at http://tezukaosamu.net/jp/anime/6.html and.. we have a Miura credited with in-between animation:

動画: 三浦晃志

This can but read as Kōji Miura, and the official Tezuka site having done so in the past is probably as good a confirmation as we're going to get given that there doesn't seem to be much info available on him.

So yes, we do have three people in total.

----

Hideo NAKAMURA (中村秀雄) has both staff (14) and cast (8) credits.

I know the animator is 中村秀雄 as I've just seen them in the credits for Kiddy GiRL-and episode 18.
All but two of the cast credits are older them I am.. but there does seem to be some online sources cited... OK, looks like their name is 仲村秀生, from allcinema and tezukaosamu.net.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Basroil wrote:
SteelyMag wrote:
Kei SHINDOU (51932) and Kei SAITOU (40083) are, in fact, the same person. Her debut was "Speed Grapher" (I watched the extras, so I remember her well).
Ironically, I just read about her today in the last issue of NewType USA. They spelled her name as SHINDO.
I don't know exactly as to which of the names are correct, but I thought I'd let you know to merge these two.

That is correct, just found out myself when reading this page on j1m0ne's seiyuu blog.

Apparently Kei Saitou (40083) is her real name and she changed it to the stage name of Kei Shindou (51932). Those two entries need to be merged.

I just noticed this one today, and it's not merged yet it seems. Here's more sources to back it up:

http://pro-baobab.jp/ladies/shindo_k/index.html - Production baobab profile lists her role as Kagura Tennouzu, which she was credited as Kei Saitou.

http://www.geocities.jp/lesvoixdesanges/vshi/shin/shindoukei.html - Also notes connection and all currently listed roles on the Kei Saitou entry are here too.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Junsaburo TAKAHATA
Junzaburo TAKAHATA

Alternate romanizations of the same name.

Two credits apiece. Both are credited with working on a different Lupin III series. Each has one usable source link which in both cases gives the same Kanji, 高畑 順三郎.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Tsuguo SAIJOU appears to be a duplicate of Tsuguo MOGAMI.

The kanji listed for the name is identical on both names, and, of the three credits listed, on SAIJOU's page, two of them are attributed to 最上 嗣生 on Japanese Wikipedia, as well as many on MOGAMI's page, which is what's leading me to think that SAIJOU is a duplicate.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 56 of 144