• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Fullmetal Alchemist TV Commercial Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RhymesWithEmpty

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:39 am Reply with quote
I'm excited to see how they do Scar, too - his portrayal in the manga is...well, he's much, uhhh...blockier? than he is in the 1st anime. So that will be interesting to see animated.

Yeah, there really isn't anywhere interesting to take it after the movie, so I don't know what all those people wanting a continuation were expecting. Besides, I thought the movie was an excellent end to the series, and very fitting, at that. Now it's the rest of the manga's turn to be animated, and if they don't like it, they still have 51 episodes and a movie to fall back on, heh.

Augh, if they did the whole "it was a dream" thing, a part of me would die on the inside - however, I'm fairly positive they'd never do that, haha. No, they shouldn't be making any attempt to link the shows together like that - they need to be seen as two separate entities, hence why I think all of these staffing changes are a good thing. The more distinct this show is from its predecessor, this better.

Color tracing seems to basically be coloring in the lines - like for Ed, they're coloring in the lines of his hair, so they won't be black, but a darker blonde.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:32 am Reply with quote
I'm not back to argue about the manga versus the first anime series, but I did see a new trailer during Gundam 00 this morning for the new series, which showed Roy in action. I prefer the less rounded designs of the first TV series, but I think it's going to be fun, for variety's sake, to see these closer designs in action.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
RhymesWithEmpty

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:35 am Reply with quote
Ooooh, that is quite a nice trailer!

Unfortunately, I rather agree with you - copying Hiromu Arakawa's style so directly lends it a bit too much cartoony-ness(yeah, I know, it is a cartoon, but you know what I mean, right?) when animated - it works better in the manga, for me. It does, however, seem very nicely animated, regardless, and it's sure to be interesting to watch. Really, I'll need to see more to judge it properly, anyways. I'm sure I'll get used to it, at any rate. Roy looks pretty good, at least. A lot better than he looked in that original "trailer" they released on their website.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:41 am Reply with quote
I liked the old designs too, but I'm happy enough about the new closer-to-the-manga storyline to overlook them. All things considered, that new trailer still looked pretty darn cool.

The voiceover had me all excited for a moment - at first I thought it was Neya Michiko, and I was like "YAY they got Riza's voice back too!", but then I realized that it was just Al not sounding like Al. Nuts.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
cnav

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:49 am Reply with quote
nice video..artwork looks slick man...mustang looks very good....nice colours also....cant wait man..april..still too far
Sariachan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:25 am Reply with quote
I wasn't prepared for a new trailer.

*faints*

-some minutes after-

It's awesome, maybe it's just that I love Arakawa's style (I know what you are trying to say about it, still it's more original than your average anime style), but I'm loving it beyond words, so far. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
cnav

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:08 am Reply with quote
Sariachan wrote:
I wasn't prepared for a new trailer.

*faints*

-some minutes after-

It's awesome, maybe it's just that I love Arakawa's style (I know what you are trying to say about it, still it's more original than your average anime style), but I'm loving it beyond words, so far. Very Happy

Great reaction...i dont think anyone expected a new trailer..
just ammaaazzzin...i just cant wait anymore....
Now accordin to public demand...the next trailer should show xing characters.....
Sariachan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Did some mod removed the link to the trailer?

Anyway, i believe that in few hours we will be able to see it in the official Hagaren website...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tsuppi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:53 pm Reply with quote
I'll go insane from happiness. GREAT trailer! Though we haven't seen Scar in action yet.... Surprised

It brings to light how much they're putting into the backgrounds. They look great, alright. cnav's right, the colours are... [sigh] Very Happy And that shot of Al's acrobatics--ohh! I can't wait to see how he takes centre stage as a main chara, with that whole 50-50 sharing thing.

I agree Sariachan; I can't fault Arakawa-sensei's style.
cnav

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:20 am Reply with quote
this anime is gonna rule the anime world...one of the greatest anime of all time... Smile Smile
but that will only be possible if the fans of the old anime come backa dn watch this....
Sariachan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:17 am Reply with quote
EDIT:
New topic here: animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=113240&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

-------------
I just hope it will be a good, or even better, anime, I don't care if it'll became famous or anything... even if, if BONES has done a good job, I hope it will, since it will deserve it. And Arakawa-sensei too, of course. Smile

P.S. The new trailer is up on the official Hagaren site. ^^
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8