• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: J Industry Group Agrees on 'Rape Game' Ban on Tuesday

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:20 pm Reply with quote
zanarkand princess wrote:
this affects games that for the most part won't be localized.

Point of order: Yes, they are. Google "Dark Translations". NSFW, naturally. Granted, this is amateur group producing translation patches, but still...

Actually, now that I think of it...

Lilith, who does most of the games DT works on, produces work that violates everything we've been hearing about thus far, and if they've been worried in the slightest, they haven't shown it. Looking back through the DT blog, Lilith announced a new game in the "Meta-Morphing Battle Heroine Xeno-Sex Disgrace Adventure" genre (Their words, not mine, and hello good people of the P/P/P Quotes thread.) for June 19th, and something titled "Tentacle and Witches" just last week. They sell their stuff on DLSite, which is not the most auspicious venue, but apparently doesn't have to play ball with the EOCS either. So, yeah... I guess this is more evidence that the rumors of some kind of massive thought-police crackdown are just more alarmism and smoke-blowing.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:34 pm Reply with quote
BellosTheMighty wrote:
zanarkand princess wrote:
this affects games that for the most part won't be localized.

Point of order: Yes, they are. Google "Dark Translations". NSFW, naturally. Granted, this is amateur group producing translation patches, but still...

Oh well I know about lots of these games being translated but they aren't legal enough to count. The original publishers and developers didn't intend for them to get here.
Hon'ya-chan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Whoops, first sign of the backlash!!

Erotic computer game maker blocks foreign website visitors.

Wait, what was Danny Choo doing on a eroge site anyway?
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:18 pm Reply with quote
BellosTheMighty wrote:
Protesting because you might have to learn new ways to find it is glorified whining.

Most people interested in alternative hentai in the west normally rely on peer-to-peer and file hosting to get their fix. The fact that H-game creators are blocking foreign website visitors probably won't change anything, so long as people and forums retain the necessary contacts.
That said, I'm still a little disappointed with the circumstances that has lead to this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8