• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Stella Women's Academy, High School Division Class C3 (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:37 am Reply with quote
Episode 13 (finale)

Kind of a funny fanservice don't think too hard about it episode. I did have kind of a problem at parts that felt like they just ran out of budget with a huge amount of still and low animation. Some points for spoiler[knocking Yura off her invincible] pedestal. Especially of note I was disappointed with Yachiyo, she spoiler[looked like some fuzzy monster, hardly cute]. But then episode got me with the reveal that spoiler[Yachiyo's outfit was actually magical girl fairy winged outfit, they knew my vice and got me with a bullseye]. After that I was humoured spoiler[Honoka's strategy] and the fanservice did not hurt either.

Not exactly the best episode to finish on, but I really liked this show. Actually I might actually rate this as Excellent, although that is the exact same rating I gave to GuP, and I have not exactly been as kind to other shows this time. Yeah, I give it Excellent, from the point this was the exactly the sort of thing I wanted to watch, with only a few problems that did not bother me as much as it did other people, maybe low end Excellent. Cute girls, sporty girls, quirky loli girl, soft spoken girl, etc, they might have some issues, but that is okay. The focus on quiet character changing to so extreme that people were hating her, the fact they gainaxed a moe military anime. If you are like me, you will like this.

Also great job with the alternate OPs, and both songs were catchy and likable. I listened and watched it practically every week, the sign of good OP and ED.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I lol'd @ the part where spoiler[Karila was being told she was "cheating" on her weapon ahahaha.]

They had a lot of innuendo and sex jokes for a show that didn't have any panty shots. And that long face-to-face between Yura and Sonora was an obvious stand in for a yuri smooch with all the other girls looking on and cooing.

I would rate this a bit higher than the rest of you guys because it is good for what it is and doesn't need to be what it isn't.
traveling

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:37 pm Reply with quote
It could have been a much better show if it didn't insert a useless conflict spoiler[that is completely brushed over in the end.] I gave it a rating of Not Very Good.
Morisummer500

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:40 pm Reply with quote
So here it is, an anime about girls that shoot each other with BB guns,
basically, we never thought of that when I was a kid, anyway, it was
fun to watch at times, and had cute characters.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9