• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Our Anime License Holy Grail

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trilaan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:25 am Reply with quote
I know at least one person cited Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure so, well if you haven't seen the news yet, Discotek has licensed it!
Tenchi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Another thing related to the Discotek news, I see that Discotek is licensing shows from as "recently" as 2007 with Lovely Complex so maybe there's a glimmer of hope that they'll consider finally licensing Minami-ke, also from 2007?

One big difference is that Lovely Complex is a re-release on Blu-Ray of a show they already released on DVD a decade ago so it's not really news that they've been licensing anime TV series from after the turn of the 21st century, but I somehow wasn't aware of it until now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Strange no-one's mentioned The Beast Player Erin (Kemono no Souja Erin) yet? While it may not be my favorite I quite liked it, but seems CR has taken down the episodes a while back. And there's no home video release for it.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Strange no-one's mentioned The Beast Player Erin (Kemono no Souja Erin) yet? While it may not be my favorite I quite liked it, but seems CR has taken down the episodes a while back. And there's no home video release for it.

Gah, how did I not include Erin? Such an incredible show.
trilaan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:55 am Reply with quote
Beast Player Erin WAS pretty good.

Minami-ke would be nice, maybe Sasameki Koto so I can have "Free Fall!" "Oh Jesus!" in my library.
Covnam

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Asobi Asobase not having a physical release just popped in my head earlier today. Still hoping that will change at some point
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Just wanted to thank redvelvetdoll again for alerting me that Discotek had released Saiyuki Reload: Burial! Who knows how long it would have been before I stumbled onto that info on my own. And eBay did not let me down for once - scored a pristine used copy for about the same price as CR was selling with shipping (since I wouldn't have made their $50 threshold), so I'm a very happy camper now. Funny that this thread turned out to be a win for me on the title I had the least hopes for. Very Happy
trilaan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:25 pm Reply with quote
This thread is probably dead but I can't believe I forgot about one series that I loved and that is Tenshi na Konamaiki(Cheeky Angel).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9