• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - I Heart You Too

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SekiGatha

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Dear Bamboo,

Your column is a very good and one of the best on this website. Your reviews are detailed enough to support your opinion and are very entertaining. Even though I might conflict on some of your placements of shows, I respect your opinion. Your opinion does help decide on what to buy and not. Keep up the good work.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ryuko

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Circle wrote:
And yes, Tsukihime is like cigarrettes. I tried it out because of peer pressure. It tastes horrible (too slow and moody for me... *snore*) but I stuck to it for some coolness factor and just to see how it ends. In the end I regretted having wasted part of my life on it. :p

I think Fushigi Yugi is much like that. You get caught up by the hype, the idea that all the cool kids are watching it, and then you become addicted. Later you regret it, and feel as though it was bad for you in the long run... But there's always this subtle urge to go back and watch it again.... o_o;
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:11 am Reply with quote
Rion wrote:

It's also great to hear that LastExile went out with a bang. Very Happy

Eh? Isn't there Vol. 7 left to go?

Great column this week by the way. You tell those Anti-SEED zealots Bamboo!

I've heard dull things about Tsukihime Vol.1. However, I've also heard good things about the later episodes of the series. I'll finally be able to start once Best Buy finally stocks the Limited Edition Box on Tuesday. Ayee...~

And my love for the column cannot be expressed through a simple madlib. =P

Wonderful.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Rion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:43 am Reply with quote
7 Volumes? I thought there were only six! Shocked

Oops*Smack* May bad....... Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Dejiko

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:49 am Reply with quote
Erm, Tsukihime is based on a visual novel, not a dating sim. It may have adult content, but it's vastly better in terms of presentation, gameplay and overall qualitity than the term 'dating sim' implies.

And don't worry, there'll be a little H-content near the end... but it's done in a rather tasteful manner Wink

Last edited by Dejiko on Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:05 am Reply with quote
oh rockin' mad libs

Dear Bamboo,
I just finished reading your column, and I must say, I [COOKED] it very much. I was especially [FLABBERGASTED] by your review of [THE FRITO BANDITO]. I [FLIRTED] with your comments about [PAINT THINNER]. [AMAZINGLY], I would like to express my [UNDYING LOVE] with your opinion on [JONATHAN MAYS]. One thing’s for sure though. I totally love Shelf Life though, forever and ever and ever.
Yours truly, [WILLIAM HOWARD TAFT]
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:36 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the comments, guys. Very Happy Somehow I feel my existence is slightly more validated. Well, maybe not, but I'm glad to hear feedback nevertheless!

Re: GTO. My opinion's kinda tainted on this one. When I first watched GTO, I thought it was the funniest thing ever. But then.... ohh, the treachery of the live action. It's sooooooo good. I probably could've liked the GTO anime until the end of time... but I ruined my appetite with the live action. I can only hope that someone will foray into the Japanese TV drama genre long enough to license it.

Anyway, thanks for reading, everyone.
JinchuuGundam85

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:42 am Reply with quote
Shiki MSHTS wrote:
You tell those Anti-SEED zealots Bamboo!

I didn't hear anything.
drax_007

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:17 pm Reply with quote
For those of you who did like Tsukihime, there is another game out there for you to look into. It's the PC-based 2D fighting game called Meltyblood (with an expansion called Re.Act) featuring most (if not all, dunno myself) of the characters in the anime.
Seeing as how I've never seen the anime or played the -other- game, I'm not much sure how accurate this game is based on one or the other. It's one of those "doujin" fighters made by fans for fans, I think.
For more info on this game, go here (warning: this place is in Japanese).

-DraX
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2