• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Heaven's Lost Property Forte DVD

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shippoyasha

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:37 am Reply with quote
drale wrote:
This is one of those shows that I feel like would be infinitely improved by removing or supplanting the protagonist with someone a little more likable.

I think he is pretty likable to me. All his antics are just that: antics. And he knows it too. And he has his serious side when it calls for it.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:36 am Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:
I am putting my foot down and will not buy down-scaled anime
That raises an interesting question: do we know what resolution this season was actually animated in? The first season was initially DVD-only in Japan, with upscaled Blu-Rays coming along much later. Did the production company have the cash to burn to change production processes and resolutions for Season 2? Because if Forte was animated in SD, a DVD release can hardly be called "down-scaled."
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:16 am Reply with quote
I know the argument you're presenting might have some truths, but the second season was a year later and at the very least in 540p for the character animations and if not higher for the backgrounds; I do think they'd have updated the resolution. In any case, defending DVD releases for HD anime is going to disappear soon, definitely for season three on this anime. About the only places left in SD will be those one shot OAD episodes that get bundled with manga and hentai.
Xanas

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:28 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:

Hey, that's what we've been saying about Adult Swim Comedy! Laughing

Yeah and I mostly hate Adult Swim comedy, although my taste's have changed a bit that may not be as true as it used to be, I doubt it's changed that much.

There are some things on Adult Swim I did like on occasion, but not enough to continue watching the channel when the anime left previously, and although they've brought some things back by that time I'd entirely ditched watching TV at all. I'm paying for cable but for the other people in the house, not for myself.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Xanas wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

Hey, that's what we've been saying about Adult Swim Comedy! Laughing

Yeah and I mostly hate Adult Swim comedy, although my taste's have changed a bit that may not be as true as it used to be, I doubt it's changed that much.

There are some things on Adult Swim I did like on occasion, but not enough to continue watching the channel when the anime left previously, and although they've brought some things back by that time I'd entirely ditched watching TV at all. I'm paying for cable but for the other people in the house, not for myself.

I've been watching almost anything, but then, it was part of what I do. Laughing

ASC is popular with the college crowd too. Different strokes for different folks!
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Tbh, I sort of felt like the super deflat form of Tamaki prevented this from becoming a stronger series. If they took out most of that, this series could have some serious potential.

I'm still looking forward to Season III though

Well I liked the series enough.

HOWEVER , I'm not susprised at all that this got a really bad review. It's kinda been like that for the harem genere,unless it's Love Hina.

Then again i'm a ecchi/fanservice junkie so My Opinion dont really count.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Key

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:05 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
HOWEVER , I'm not susprised at all that this got a really bad review. It's kinda been like that for the harem genere,unless it's Love Hina.

So how many years has it been since you've actually paid regular attention to reviews around here?

Your statement has been proven wrong on multiple occasions over the past 3-4 years, including as recently as this week's Shelf Life. Saying stuff like this is just making very shaky generalizations.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Actuially I have been following the reviews since joining the forums. and when it comes to harem/fanservice genere it mostly comes short of the stick on their reviews.

Exibit A : Girls Bravo,Shuffle,Samurai Harem,Tenchi Muyo GXP and others from that genere that are good series outright,but got bad reviews by a lot of critics.

And when to comes to primary ecchi / heavy orienated fanservice series, they have not been lucky either. the only exceptions were of course Strike Witches & Queens Blade that got good reviews from critics everywhere ( Except for Erin who gave SW perishable )
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
potatochobit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:57 pm Reply with quote
as long as you purchase the shows you like then nothing else really matters.

money talks and the numbers prove it.
sex sells but bad anime doesnt. it gets real ugly and a weird color when you mix the two together.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:22 am Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:

sex sells but bad anime doesnt. it gets real ugly and a weird color when you mix the two together.

Yeah, thing is, a lot of bad anime involve sexy to sell itself, and so sexy anime get a bad rap.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2