• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kadokawa to Stream Haruhi TV Anime on YouTube in April

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suna_suna

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:27 am Reply with quote
TatsuGero23 wrote:
Another thing is they may air and stream the show in its original debut order rather then the chronological order for fans who missed out on that unique experience.

Lonecow, just leave it alone. Tyrenol is a type who likes picking intranet fights.

i certainly think they would. the broadcast order is really the only way to watch it for the first time, so i don't see why they would do it differently.

an internet fight is like Paris Hilton. it doesn't matter but people still pay attention
Lonecow

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:11 pm Reply with quote
suna_suna wrote:
TatsuGero23 wrote:
Another thing is they may air and stream the show in its original debut order rather then the chronological order for fans who missed out on that unique experience.

Lonecow, just leave it alone. Tyrenol is a type who likes picking intranet fights.

i certainly think they would. the broadcast order is really the only way to watch it for the first time, so i don't see why they would do it differently.

an internet fight is like Paris Hilton. it doesn't matter but people still pay attention

See I was thinking they would run it chronologically because I think half the reason they are having trouble starting season 2 is because they show was officially shown out of order, so to pick up where the series ended would be after Haruhi IV (I think) which is technically the middle of the series. If they ran it chronologically then they could immediately start season two right after it finishes the episode where they are just hanging out in the SOS room for the entire episode.

It's not a steller episode to go out on, unless they have something to show right after it.

EDIT: About the Internet battle. Yeah I'm over it. I get worked up too easily too. I just get tired of reading that in every Haruhi thread so I decided to speak up, and then promptly realized it's always the minority who is the most outspoken.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Tyrenol wrote:
Whatever's "popular" will NEVER be "good."

"Good" and "popular" are indirectly proportional.

That is stupid beyond description. Among other things, it doesn't take into account variation in what is "in" during a given time and how popularity varies.

For the second statement to be true, ALL unpopular things would have to be good, but that is not the case. There is no universally definitive correlation between popularity and quality.
Pocky Monster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Though I own the series and have seen it too many times to count,I still look forward to this. I just wish KyoAni would make Haruhi season two Crying or Very sad
Pocky Monster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Though I own the series and have seen it too many times to count,I still look forward to this. I just wish KyoAni would make Haruhi season two Crying or Very sad
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Tyrenol wrote:
Lonecow wrote:
I get sick of hearing people like this, just as I'm sure they get sick of hearing how great Haruhi is.

Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean it is overrated. I watched Haruhi without even knowing the premise or that it was so popular and it is my favorite anime now, right after Evangelion (another popular anime that gets fanboys saying "overrated" all the time).

Is it so hard to digest that the show might be popular because it is really good?

It's okay, pal. Just take a deep breath... Get a hold of yourself... Let it go through your system... And just repeat to yourself, "I'm missing the point. I'm missing the point."

And Haruhi? It could be that "Yamakan sacked for calling Clannad characters cockroaches" re-broadcast Haruhi or that "OMG Season 2" Haruhi. It's not gonna matter.

The only people who care about it now are the "Haru-heads;" those screaming bobblehead otaku-tachi who think Haruhi's their God, Clannad's their "life," and have NOTHING positive to offer in reality.

AND. That Haruhi show belongs in the "Overrated" barrel with Evangelion and their ilk. Arrow

Even though this is an all around stupid post I must correct you on one thing. Just because someone likes Haruhi doesn't mean they will like all Kyoani shows, such as Clannad. IMO Yamakan is correct and they are indeed cockroaches. Whiny cockroaches no less.

This is way too fishy though. What would be the point of broadcasting on youtube? Maybe it won't be the new season but I doubt it's going to be a normal rerun.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Well I never saw this so I'll check in every week for a new episode. I just wonder if they'll broadcast them in the original order or the chronological order.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
Tyrenol wrote:

That is stupid beyond description. Among other things, it doesn't take into account variation in what is "in" during a given time and how popularity varies.

For the second statement to be true, ALL unpopular things would have to be good, but that is not the case. There is no universally definitive correlation between popularity and quality.

At first, I thought he was being sarcastic, making a reference to the attitude some people seem to have. Then I read the rest of his post, and realized he probably wasn't.

Shocked

Anyways, I think the whole "everyone who might be interested in the series already has seen it" is nonsense. We've already seen two examples of people who never saw it but are interested in seeing it in this very thread.

In a similar case, I have never seen all of Evangelion, but would be interested in seeing the whole series, and would be quite pleased if it was streamed online. (Assuming it had subs/was in English and was available in the US.)
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:12 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
Well I never saw this so I'll check in every week for a new episode. I just wonder if they'll broadcast them in the original order or the chronological order.
'

Probably broadcast order, as that's how it was meant to be watched and understood.
Tyrenol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:09 pm Reply with quote
TatsuGero23 wrote:
Lonecow, just leave it alone. Tyrenol is a type who likes picking intranet fights. His points have merit but he never really presents them without putting down the other points of views. Like you have to see past his comments for the bits of truth in them but at the same time he puts up a really big, unnesscary wall whose sole purpose is to entice an argue to help fluff up his ego to see who battles better on the internet; rather then help you see any truth in the meanings of his statement and his point of view.

"Me trying to start intranet" fights is not true. I just want for other people to think. And I wanna be able to separate the people who DO think from the people who DON'T.

And personally; I had it up to here with the general mentality of current anime fandom. Their group-thought mentality and their overall lack of any intelligence and individualism. Their blindness to what's really going on within their favorite shows and their collectively "Simpson-esque" belief about what's funny and what should be popular.

And I don't know if I should apologize for insulting somebody. I call things for what they are and not what they appear to be.

On Haruhi's Melancholy? A show about some self-insert, a handsome face, "funbags," an escaped Ayanami Rei clone, and some ##### who beats up on men (and turns out to be some entity who would destroy the world "if you don't keep her happy")...

There are maybe 10 more anime series that have less lame writing and (sub-)plot than this. And just because some anime company gave it the Midas Touch only means that it's a lame show with Midas Touch animation.

And Evangelion? That show is the only, and LAST show I managed to pay attention to; most of the episodes, movies, and all. I thought, In My Most Humble Opinion Mind You. That Eva; despite is cast, staff, and also Midas Touch animation; was THE most mentally brutal and self-congratulatory piece of foreign animation ever.

I found out that Hideaki Anno was having mental problems and issues with the anime fandom who didn't like how his story went. (Gainax's budget issues, sure. But it was obvious that Anno wanted to make some idealistic snuff cartoon.) And the tons of people who helped make it popular either missed Anno's issues or... Maybe it's because of Anno's issues.

And to compare it to Citizen Kane is like saying, "Either Jerry Thompson or Charles Kane had masturbated over comatose womem." C-Kane was a FREAKING classic. Evangelion was Japan's "psychological comfort material." Comparing these two, and you're basically saying that you have no experience in the history of the entertainment industry at all.

zanarkand princess wrote:
Even though this is an all around stupid post I must correct you on one thing. Just because someone likes Haruhi doesn't mean they will like all Kyoani shows, such as Clannad. IMO Yamakan is correct and they are indeed cockroaches. Whiny cockroaches no less.

I'm sorry. I made the idiotic assumption that fans of shows made by KyotoAnimu would be fans of KyotoAnimu. My mistake.

And to crush the rumors: I thought the deaths of Nagisa and Ushio were horrible and tragic. (I also thought the many comedic deaths of Youhei was horrible and tragic. And I'd rather have Kyou and Tomoyo die than Nagisa.)
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Put spoiler tags, please. I already had one of those things spoiled for me, but I'm sure others haven't.

The rest of your post was pretty much you going on about how awesome you think you are and how stupid you think everyone else is. You don't "call things for what they are", you spread your self rightous BS and act like you are imparting great wisdom.
Tyrenol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Let me just come back and address this as well:

Lonecow wrote:
That is the major problem with fanboy/otaku culture. We are already a culture that revels in a form of entertainment that only we like, and don't like it if it becomes popular. And within our own group, if we have stand out series that reach a broader appeal a few of us think it is cool for us the cast that show aside and say it is "overrated", so that we can stand out.

Two problems:

1) Anime fanboys and otaku are basically an insult to the rest of us who are fans of anime.

Somewhere down the line; they chose to become "social outcasts" (to escape from reality). They blurr the line between "don't take us too seriously" and "proving they have mental problems." What with the buying of "anime girl pillow cases," their lust for anime girls who look like they're 9 years of age, and all.

Sankaku Complex is a prime example of why anime otaku are considered "below humanity's line." One pic of some poor kid with an arrow in his eye, whether it was Photoshopped or not, was enough for me.

And then there's that lack of outrage or complaint about the bad ending of School Days anime; where a guy was murdered for messing around too much. As if that's all the anime writers are capable of since the otaku hate normal, achieving guys enough as is.

2) What the Japanese anime industry makes are COOL and AWESOME. The fact that they're being controlled by those tens of thousands of people who are at-best pathetic and at-worst inhumane and xenophobic is just such a great waste of talent right there.

You heard the news, right? Animators and voice-acting talent in the industry not even making enough to support themselves. The more important anime work being outsourced to China and the Philippines.

But the lot of the otaku don't care about their fellow Asians and their sweat-shop-esque work conditions. Just give them their Godly-animated Taiganagisagindex and nobody gets hurt in effigy on 2chan.

That's why the anime industry is taking a financial beating: They don't make anime for the rest of us "anime hobbyists." And also, there are 30% of these so-called fans who refuse to follow the honor code and pay for the anime they downloaded from off the web.

So yes. Unless the otaku change their ways for the better; they're going to carry this stigma forever.

Last edited by Tyrenol on Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Tyrenol, do you realize that Lonecow was thinking of you when he referenced fanboy/otaku culture? The term otaku is often used in a much broader context then it was originally intended, at least in the US.

Once again, I'll ask you to please use spoiler tags when referencing things such as the endings of anime series.

Anyways, your post was so full of broad, sweeping generalizations, that I don't even know where to begin. Sheesh.
darkhappy1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Myaah~ Tyrenol is giving me a big headache! Anime dazed Pyuu.... (I know I sound like an idiot, but no worries!)

My my. It will be a pleasure to watch Haruhi again, along with the other updates of the other shows! Plus, I heard the Haruhi novel will be coming out in the U.S. soon... Wonderful April. Now I just need to get the rest of the Haruhi DVDs.... Crying or Very sad Stupid Collector's Box #1....
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Tyrenol wrote:
"Me trying to start intranet" fights is not true. I just want for other people to think. And I wanna be able to separate the people who DO think from the people who DON'T.

You don't get people to open their minds by insulting the things they like, even if it is the "truth".

Also, with all due respect, spoiling After Story is a douchebag move. Again, that's not how you get people to broaden their horizons.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3