• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Central 2009 - ADV Films and Sentai Filmworks

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Personally I'm hoping ADV/Sentai grabs Clannad After Story. I've gotten used to watching subs, so either way I would be fine with. Though personally, I do hope they go back and dub Clannad. It's one of the series you can watch and easily imagine some Texas VA's doing the voice work. Considering the great work they did on Air and Kanon, they could knock Clannad out of the park.

I would also like to see ADV or Sentai rescue some more of Geneon's titles, like X TV and Chobits. These are great shows, and never really got truly affordable releases from Geneon.

As for the six new titles for Sentai, I wouldn't be surprised if some, if not most of them were license rescues. Though there are a few newer titles that I wouldn't mind seeing. But with an announcement at ACEN, I would't be surprised to just see new titles show up on ADV's August or September solicitations, as has been their habit lately.

Regardless, it's new programming for The Anime Network, which is always a good thing, especially since Anime Selects bit the dust and the Funimation Channel leaves much to be desired in the programming department.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:56 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Very good news to hear that ADV is doing well. However, I am still surprized ADV actually licensed several series at once. But I would really like to see ADV bring back Monster Rancher. I wasn't able to watch the entire series, much less see the final episode so this would be great if ADV would do that.

I dunno, they never dubbed Season 3 (I mean, Season 2 was sorta conclusive at the end, but spoiler[lord, was it depressing], and I wonder if they would be able to reunite all the main dub cast. I mean, if they only released Seasons 1-2 on DVD, I would still buy them, but I'd like to be able to see the full show finally.

I don't think I've ever even seen the second season, so it would all be new to me. Somehow though, I really doubt this will ever happen though. It's been more than a decade since this show aired and don't think there is many people now and days who even know what Monster Rancher is about.

But its really up to ADV. If the show really sold well and was somewhat popular, there is more of a chance actually happening. But assuming season three was cancelled beacuse of poor ratings will do the opposite for a re-release.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:56 pm Reply with quote
I'll bet Yami no Matsuei (Decendants of Darkness) ends up being one of the 6 CPM rescues forthcoming from ADV as they put out physical media of all the fall 2008 Sci Fi Channel CPM re-airs. What's interesting is they have DVD distribution rights to the CPM rescues that Manga aired on Ani-Monday, but Manga has retained the iTunes rights. Who knows who will get the TV rights, or if it means the Manga-CPM-Sci Fi/Syfy relationship is dead and has been cashed in for CPM classics airing on the Anime Network...?
cosmo773

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:28 am Reply with quote
I'm sorry I was there and all I heard was a lot of "fan pandering", vague innuendo and nothing concrete. All of what he said is hinged on the performance of the economy. If it doesn't improve, I doubt little of what he hinted at will come to light. I would love to see it all come true, but lets face reality, when the economy tanks niche markets, like anime, suffer the most.
zrdb

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:37 am Reply with quote
I'd like to see ADV stat doing dubs again as I (if given a choice) only watch dubs. After they had their already dubbed series stolen by Sh********n it delt them a severe setback.
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:56 pm Reply with quote
I don't even know what to say... Ill stay Quiet until things are Confirmed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:13 am Reply with quote
Here's me hoping for a Nuku Nuku DVD re-release.
Labbes

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:52 am Reply with quote
fuuma_monou wrote:

No need to, you can preorder it at TRSI.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:06 am Reply with quote
Labbes wrote:
fuuma_monou wrote:

No need to, you can preorder it at TRSI.

Sweet! Thanks for the link.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2