• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Haruhi Suzumiya Anime Officially Posted in English on YouTube

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Splitter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:42 am Reply with quote
Good job, Kadokawa.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:49 am Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
Japanese Haruhi Fails. Wendy Lee is the only Haruhi... And those yellow subs are from Bandai's DVD's............ If you don't have the box set go buy it!

As much as I like Wendy Lee, it doesn't mean one version is better than the other. Even though I prmarily watch English audio, it doesn't mean the Japanese audio automatically "fails".
LordPrometheus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:54 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:
Japanese Haruhi Fails. Wendy Lee is the only Haruhi... And those yellow subs are from Bandai's DVD's............ If you don't have the box set go buy it!

As much as I like Wendy Lee, it doesn't mean one version is better than the other. Even though I prmarily watch English audio, it doesn't mean the Japanese audio automatically "fails".

While this is very true, you've got to admit that Wendee Lee absolutely NAILED the role of Haruhi and made it her own.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:03 am Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
Well, until the Funimation video portal returns to its original state, which it apparently will, this offering may well tide us over.

Funimation's video portal is back up, and has been for several days now. I've been having a lot of difficulty getting Phantom to play (it keeps stopping randomly and won't restart), but Fullmetal Alchemist, for example, is going just fine.

Byut yay, an official stream of the new episodes... okay, only one episode so far, but still. I'd been let down by the quality of the fansubs on this so far, so I definitely want to check out the legal version, even if it's a bit behind.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:47 am Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:

I thought the dub for Haruhi was pretty good. Sort of an all-star cast if you look at the talent involved.
Even so, I still feel the original Japanese comes out on top.
Either way, fans can chose to enjoy the series either way.
Rather fanboy-ish to say one or the other "fails"...

Nice that official streams are being made available. Just a shame it's only for a limited time, otherwise they might have actually made an inpact on the download numbers for the fansubbed version.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:54 am Reply with quote
LordPrometheus wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:

While this is very true, you've got to admit that Wendee Lee absolutely NAILED the role of Haruhi and made it her own.

I mean both the dub and the Japanese copy's are wonderful

any way you go it's great
Panda Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Why do they tempt me even more? I'm trying to wait for the DVDs of season 2. I need more Haruhi in my collection.
Myaow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Heck yes, I am a happy fangirl, KyoAni can have my first-born child for this, etc. etc.

YAY.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:30 pm Reply with quote
LordPrometheus wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:

Although I haven't seen Haruhi, because Wendy Lee and Crispin Freeman are in the show, I might watch it. Irresponsible Captain Taylor was a masterpiece and I really liked Hare and Guu and Lucky Star.

Though I'll admit, Wendy Lee was absolutely perfect in Hare and Guu and Lucky Star. Also, she did a good job in Love Hina as well.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
LordPrometheus wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:

Although I haven't seen Haruhi, because Wendy Lee and Crispin Freeman are in the show, I might watch it. Irresponsible Captain Taylor was a masterpiece and I really liked Hare and Guu and Lucky Star.

Though I'll admit, Wendy Lee was absolutely perfect in Hare and Guu and Lucky Star. Also, she did a good job in Love Hina as well.

Wait she was in Love Hina? O_O

What ever role she did I couldn't tell it was her
Xagor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:47 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
Zin5ki wrote:
Well, until the Funimation video portal returns to its original state, which it apparently will, this offering may well tide us over.

Funimation's video portal is back up, and has been for several days now. I've been having a lot of difficulty getting Phantom to play (it keeps stopping randomly and won't restart), but Fullmetal Alchemist, for example, is going just fine.

Byut yay, an official stream of the new episodes... okay, only one episode so far, but still. I'd been let down by the quality of the fansubs on this so far, so I definitely want to check out the legal version, even if it's a bit behind.

Zin5ki is from the UK. They were talking about how it's still region locked to us.
nagato316

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:08 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

Wait she was in Love Hina? O_O

What ever role she did I couldn't tell it was her

Wendee Lee played Kaolla Su in Love Hina. She was also the ADR director.

Back on topic...great to see Kadokawa give us a subtitled Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody in HQ. Wish they could have done the same with Endless Eight. Ah well, I'm still thankful...
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:20 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure fans are drooling over this news. As for me, I'll be waiting a while for the box set to get released.

Nothing worse than watching a single episode and waiting months for another to show up. I'm patient. I can wait. Tons of other shows to watch in the meantime.
SayaSe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:29 pm Reply with quote
YouTube supports both HD and closed captioning but they use neither, how silly.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:56 pm Reply with quote
You know, I watched the entire Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody when it was streaming in just Japanese. I have never done that before and it was an odd experience to say the least. (I used the Mystery Science Theater 3000 method to follow the story. Halfway through, I was making up the most perverted stuff. Laughing )

This is much better. Thanks Kadokawa!

Now, if you don't mind, start legally subbing and streaming all of your content so people have less reason to leech and you get some kind of revenue out of the deal. Come on, use Bandai if you're too busy! They could use some greenbacks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4