• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Winter Sonata (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Episode three is out. Downloading it now (why the heck does the filesize have to be that big?).

Of course you guys probably knew it was out already. But just in case . . .

Anyway, I'll chime in tomorrow regarding my thoughts on the episode itself. Can't wait to hear more amazing Korean dialogue, no siree.[/sarcasm]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3

dtm42 wrote:
Anyway, I'll chime in tomorrow regarding my thoughts on the episode itself.

No need, dude - I have seen the episode and since it is unimaginable you'd have anything more salient to say than myself... Wink

Okay, the lead chick is really starting to piss me off. She tells her nice guy childhood friend that the reason he isn't getting along with Mr. A-hole is because they are so similar that they are pushing apart like same charged magnets.

Uh no, you stupid bitch. From what we've seen onscreen so far, Mr. Nice Guy is NOTHING like the jerk-off you have the screaming thigh sweats for. Mr. Nice Guy actually tried to be friendly with A-hole and was rebuffed. A-hole has gone out of his way to be an a-hole to Mr. Nice Guy. THAT'S why they aren't getting along. But clearly that bit of obviousness eludes your oh-so-keen perceptions, hasn't it? Grrrrrr, grrrrr.

The next episode is going to kill me because you just KNOW that Miss Dumb Bitch spoiler[will forgive A-hole even though she overheard him say he was just using her to be an A-hole to Mr. Nice Guy. I mean, I don't really believe that's true either, but even so, this tool has given her more than enough red flags to suggest that just *maybe* going out with him isn't the world's greatest idea which, of course, will simply make Miss Dumb Bitch even MORE interested.]

Grrrrr, grrrrr. This show is definitely not good for my blood pressure.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:26 pm Reply with quote
After watching this episode I'm sure of it, that they must be following a text book. And just like Blood- already stated, we already know the outcome. I hardly doubt I'm capable of keeping up with this anime just for the art, since the story is getting way too predictable and, well, the voices sound too old for the role.

Quote:
Grrrrr, grrrrr. This show is definitely not good for my blood pressure.

The difference is that I just don't care anymore. My last hope, to turn this into some good drama, is for them to be siblings after all.

23 episodes to go... I may have to drop this series.
ShadowTrader

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Epsiode 3 opened my eyes a little bit. The drama feels a bit underdone, I'm getting the feeling that they don't want to build up too much angst. As soon as something dramatic happens its almost instantly resolved and nothing really emotional happens. And I can't figure out what Jansoong's problem is?

I disagree that he's just an a*hole, its probably just a build up to some flashback where they'll show how tormented his childhood has been without having a father, that's why he's so screwed up and hates other guys who have everything and don't know it. Most likely the "lead chick" will come to love him and will believe she can change him, I don't know what these women are thinking these days. But its all speculation and I'm still not impressed with the drama.
joeschultz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:06 am Reply with quote
enjoying it so far really love the ed song in ep 00 hoping it goes well currently on my fav list of anime
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

Much like Joonsang himself, I didn't spoiler[see that coming. Couldn't happen to a nicer d-bag if you ask me. I didn't like his character, so I'm quite happy to imagine his mangled body under that truck's wheels. Yujin was just a major retardo around him. Hmmm, so he basically blows off a supper you're making for him without explanation to you, never calls and you are still happily going to meet in for New Year's Eve like nothing happened? Yeah, okay. Based on the preview, it looks like we will be out of this 4-eppie flashback and back to the "present." I hope Yujin starts developing better taste in men.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2