• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: You're Under Arrest Second Season DVD Collection 1

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:20 pm Reply with quote
chrisb wrote:
Saw this on the Anime Network but it was a bit lackluster, plus their line up of Utena and Ghost Hound kinda made me forget YUA 2 was even there after a while.

Bought the YUA movie a few weeks ago for 3 bucks, but having bought Le Chevalier and NANA haven't had any time to view it. I've put off watching YUA but many here are making me want to put aside the current series I'm watching for the film. Is it really that good?

Season 2 actually hasn't aired on Anime Network yet, though Season 1 is currently running online and on VOD. Season 2 should premier sometime next year.

I've been enjoying YUA Season 1 for what it is, so I will probably pick this release up at some point.
sburstall

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:07 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
And this was Fujishima's other good series right? I'm hoping it's not a complete snooze. I still have it on my "need to watch" list. I owe Fujishima after all, he drew all those great Tales heroes.

Mohawk52 wrote:
Wouldn't it be nice if the manga were all translated and published? My money thinks so. Wink

I had to put these two together because I'm going to answer them both at one time.

The manga didn't last very long and most of those storylines went into season 2. And your correct, very few chapters of the manga have been translated. I beleive because of lack of need (i.e. nobody is clammering for them).

The manga itself was one of Fujishima's best work, which again, got all used in season 1. Season 2 and Full Throttle were all original and not done by him.
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:07 pm Reply with quote
sburstall wrote:

The manga itself was one of Fujishima's best work, which again, got all used in season 1. Season 2 and Full Throttle were all original and not done by him.
Actually the manga was sterilized in Afternoon from December 1986 to early 1992. It ran for about 5 years and had around 12 volumes.

S1 was not all entirely accurate. Aoispoiler[ is a futanari in the manga not a transvestite like in the TV series. She became a undercover police officer because she was ashamed of being born a freak.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2