• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gainax's Hanamaru Kindergarten (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:10 pm Reply with quote
It really is the highlight of my anime watching week now. I love the show.

Ep.4 was more about being sweet than hilarious but it was so wonderfully sweet and still funny.

I liked this week's Ending theme too, gave you a 5 second peek into the romance of Anzu's parents has some good gags and really nice animation

I'm also happy to see that next week's features the yakuza loking guy in the credits, I've been curious to see what his connection to the kindergarten is. I was thinking he might be the father of the timid third girl in the trio (can't remember her name), that would be funny contrast.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ringking

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:39 am Reply with quote
I would have thought that someone would have noticed this by now, and if you have i find it suprsing that noones mentioned it as yet.

Look who i found, far left , episdoe 3, about 20 minutes in...

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd33/ringking01/vlcsnap-2010-02-01-22h18m00s72.png
Skylark

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:29 am Reply with quote
I have to disagree with those that have said this doesn't have the potential to be a season favourite. While the more serious "contenders" have lost my interest, I have been looking forward to the next episode week after week of hanamaru kindergarten. The premise is simple (though might I say original and refreshing) and yet thoroughly entertaining; the characters are all interesting and the comedy is cute and funny. I loved the scene where Anzu was helping out after class, and the changing ED theme is an excellent touch. Next week looks like it's going to be great too! I don't mind plugging this series as my favourite at the moment at all, it's coming together to be quite a fantastic little series.

EDIT: also, I fully missed that K-ON! reference! Awesome! I'm going to have to keep my eyes open for cameos now...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:39 am Reply with quote
Hanamaru Kindergarten keeps it fun, has a couple of touchy subjects (getting Tsuchida on the date), but keeps it inocent, and no crazy situations (though a few "interesting" people).

We had Anzu and gang trying a couple of risque things though luckily they didn't push it too far (saved by the bell). I think I understand having to try and keep up with small children, exhausting and trying not to upset them. Got some good laughs out of the cardigan, the car and wish plus the star bit was adorable.

Anzu's "helping" in the second part was also a good watch, though we didn't get much Tsuchida. I think one of the good parts of it was that such actions by kids are farely common, though I was a bit suprised over Yamamoto doing all those things despite the obvious trouble, guess it might be of note.

The episodes ED was also good, we got a bit of a better look at Anzu's parents. The three kids on each others shoulders pretending to be an adult is far from original, but I can not remember the last time I saw it, so it was refreshing. And Anzu's makeup, probably what should be expected froma kid's personal job, and always funny when it doesn't make a big expensive mess in real life.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Ringking wrote:
I would have thought that someone would have noticed this by now, and if you have i find it suprsing that noones mentioned it as yet.

Look who i found, far left , episdoe 3, about 20 minutes in...

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd33/ringking01/vlcsnap-2010-02-01-22h18m00s72.png

I noticed, but I only watched the episode yesterday.

I liked the bit were Anzu tried to declare her rivalry to Nana, but the teacher misunderstood the intent and unintentionally tricked her into becoming friends. Then a couple seconds later we got Anzu's delayed reaction as to the turn of events.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:15 pm Reply with quote
There are lot of screencp worthy moments aren't there? Smile

I'm surprised I haven't seen caps of the Eva and FMA shots in my regular haunts yet.

An idea has been brewing in my head for a while. When this came out, and still among some of those that that only have read the description, people worried that it was going to be an even more inappropriate version of Kodomo no Jikan. Is it possible that the production of this show was a response to Kodomo no Jikan and shows like it?

Yes Hanamaru Kindergarten is based on a manga so it's not like it was created directly as a response but was the decision to adapt the manga made because Gainax, Mizushima, or someone else looked at Kodoma and decided a show with this same theme should be made without the lolicon elements?

I guess the same could be said of the manga, Hanamaru Kindergarten came out significantly after the Kodoma manga was established, was it created for a similar reason.
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new contender for best ending sequence in the series.

It's just my personal tastes, but Ep 7's spoiler[lounge-jazz and French film] ending narrowly beats out the Hanamaru Space Kindergarten sequence. I think.
Skylark

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:32 am Reply with quote
I'd agree with that judgement.

I kind of don't like the sister's brother complex thing.. in the end I just find her rather selfish and annoying. Having said that, the ending was good; and it was made pretty clear that at one point Tsuchida had the hots for Anzu's mum.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:01 am Reply with quote
I don't think that Tsuchida's sis is a full-blown bro-con - at least she doesn't have a fixation as, uh, unhealthy as some representations I've seen. I'm inclined to cut her a little slack because she's at that self-centred age to begin with and she wasn't expecting a crowd of people to show up with her brother. EN was very cool, but I couldn't figure out how it tied into the episode - anybody have any ideas?

And clearly Anzu has developed her mother's sensei complex (sen-con...oooooo did I just invent a new word???) at a much earlier age!
garfield15

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Can someone please explain WTF was with the ED this week?

It was cool...but weird!
Niomo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:15 pm Reply with quote
garfield15 wrote:

It was cool...but weird!

I don't think they are references to anything...just random EDs. I enjoy them all. (Though Space hanamaru is still my favorite)

As for E7. I liked it a lot, though as Skylark said, the bro-con thing is annoying. Pretty much every scene was her QQing that there were other women in his life. No wai!!!

i am really enjoying this show, and at first I didn't think I would. What I really hope is for the last episode to be a time-jump like 17-18 years into the future. It would be nice to see the girls all grown up. And who knows, maybe Anzu and Tsuchi will actually be a couple Anime dazed
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:52 am Reply with quote
Hanamaru continues to be entertaining, and manages to show cute in a non-perverted way.
Swissman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Niomo wrote:
garfield15 wrote:

It was cool...but weird!

I don't think they are references to anything...just random EDs.

Ouch.

I think you two need to watch a certain famous french movie from a famous french director very fast.
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:44 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Hanamaru continues to be entertaining, and manages to show cute in a non-perverted way.

As shown during the so uncommon swimsuit vacation episode. Didn't Ookami[something] did a swimsuit episode a few weeks ago? And even Omamori Himari had one. Oh, is every show broadcasting a swimsuit episode this season? Wonder if Durarara! will. Would enjoy that, and perhaps that with the sex swap altogether.

Swissman wrote:
I think you two need to watch a certain famous french movie from a famous french director very fast.

So famous that even I don't know them.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:00 pm Reply with quote
I figured the EN was a reference to a French film (although I confess I didn't know which one) I just couldn't figure out what relevance (if any) it had to that particular episode.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4