• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Handley's case and how it'll effect anime and manga?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maryohki

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:37 pm Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
Maryohki wrote:
I'm not really worried about it changing anything about what gets licensed here and such. It worries me about something else entirely, though.

I collect doujinshi. Quite a bit of the doujinshi I collect is R-18 stuff. I'm not too worried since I'm not into loli or shota, but at the same time? When someone from overseas buys doujinshi, you really can't tell for sure exactly what all the doujinshi will have in it until you get it. I'm really pretty scared about having some jerk at the post office go through my mail and finding some random loli/shota scene in a doujin I'd ordered that I didn't even know was there and then calling the cops on me for it. I'm probably just paranoid, since I own 50+ doujinshi and there hasn't been any surprises like that in regards to content so far, but still.

I too am a doujinshi collector and have worried about this so much I've pretty much stopped buying new doujinshi all together unless I've already seen full scans of the doujinshi I'm about to buy. Still, I own a couple questionable doujinshi here or there (Here's looking at your Mythical Detective Loki, Naruto and Cardcaptor Sakura/Tsubasa) but I'm not ready to throw those in a shredder yet.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm probably being silly, since the only doujinshi in my entire collection that could possibly get me in trouble are a couple D. Gray-man ones where Allen looks pretty young. But still I've been extra careful about this since the Chris Handley case first started showing up on ANN. One of the DGM ones was purchased at a con, or else I never would have gotten it considering how close to shota it looks. I'm not really buying any without seeing scans first, either, unless it's for one of my favorite pairings and there's nothing too questionable in the samples or on the cover.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2