• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin TV Anime Briefly Listed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
Deadman Wonderland isn't exactly the best example to use. Yes the manga was a top seller but the anime adaption itself was considered pretty mediocre all around and was done by an unpopular studio. Besides who's to say this is being aimed at otaku? With how well the manga sells it's much more likely to take Magi's slot when it ends in spring

Theres no way this is gonna be airing on daytime TV from what I know about this series. And even then, that timeslot is more of a fujoshi focused timeslot... Ao no Exorcist, Fullmetal Alchemist, Kuroko no Basket, Magi, Gundam Age, etc. I don't see this show really appealing to the female fanbase.
Divineking

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:14 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Divineking wrote:
Deadman Wonderland isn't exactly the best example to use. Yes the manga was a top seller but the anime adaption itself was considered pretty mediocre all around and was done by an unpopular studio. Besides who's to say this is being aimed at otaku? With how well the manga sells it's much more likely to take Magi's slot when it ends in spring

Theres no way this is gonna be airing on daytime TV from what I know about this series. And even then, that timeslot is more of a fujoshi focused timeslot... Ao no Exorcist, Fullmetal Alchemist, Kuroko no Basket, Magi, Gundam Age, etc. I don't see this show really appealing to the female fanbase.

Right channel, wrong timeslot for Kuroko...as for your other points, we'll just have to agree to disagree. I just think that with the large install base the series already has it's very unlikely to be a flop if it's done right.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, I think its best bet would be something like Noitamina. They don't seem shy away from showing lots of gore on it with Psycho-Pass, and its more mainstream oriented than your normal late night TV slot.
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:25 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Manga sales mean nothing to DVD sales, since they are aimed at different audiences. Manga is aimed at a more mainstream crowd, while anime is aimed at the otaku crowd. Otakus have shown time and time again to not like horror and gory anime, so I don't see why this would be the exception.

DVD sales aren't the only metric of success. Chihayafuru isn't from an otaku-friendly genre, the home video sales stank, but the publisher considered it a success because manga sales went from 150,000 copies per volume before the anime aired, to almost 400,000 afterwards. If Attack on Titan ends up one of the top 10 series next year, there'll be a second season even if the DVDs sell four copies.
Divineking

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Welp there's now a domain name for "Shingeki.tv" and Pony Canon registered it so I think that pretty much confirms this=Project Attack Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2