• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters Streams Rayearth, Funi Posts Sengoku Basara

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
james039

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:15 pm Reply with quote
The new remastered release of Magic Knight Rayearth is a more authentic, true to the Japanese version release.

There is a complication with the OP/ED in the following:

OP2 and ED 3 were *NEVER* dubbed.

The dub version used OP3 for the episodes originally having OP2 and ED2 for the original episodes having ED3. If this has been corrected, you would have a bizarre inconsistency where the 2nd opening/3rd endings were suddenly Japanese, and I suppose they opted to use Japanese all the way through for consistency.

Alternatively, they would either have had to pay for lyrics composition, and performances for those originally cut songs.

They also restored the actual ending to Episode 20.

The English dub songs were included as extras, so as to not erase them from history, as some have suggested.

Overall, this new release is superior to the old one, and restores footage and content which was CUT from the original dub.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2