• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voice Actress Confirms Dub for Inuyasha: The Final Act

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Anime Remix wrote:
Rinkwolf wrote:
Anime Remix wrote:
Of course Viz is going to dub this series. It's just stupid to dub Inuyasha but not dub the Final Act. =/

That's what everyone thought about Lucky Star and the OVA.

Also, lets not forget Gurren Laggan and the Movies. Everyone expected those to be dubbed to, but alas, it my despair escapes me.

Vis is different. I'm 100% sure that Viz and FUNimation would NEVER do something like that (Unless something big happens that force them to do it). I don't understand why they didn't dub that OVA and I have no comment for the Gurren Laggan movies...

Actually, Funimation didn't dub the Vandread OVAs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FMAvatard

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:22 pm Reply with quote
^ Funimation also didn't pick up the second and third seasons of Hell Girl.

Viz picked up Final Acts because they knew people would want it. Badly.
AJMkarate717

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Anime Remix wrote:
Rinkwolf wrote:
Anime Remix wrote:
Of course Viz is going to dub this series. It's just stupid to dub Inuyasha but not dub the Final Act. =/

I don't understand why they didn't dub that OVA...

I believe that the Lucky Star series didn't sell as well as Bandai had hoped, so they didn't think their potential sales numbers for the OVA merited paying for a dub. When something like this happens, it's usually because of sales numbers. I believe the same is the case for the Gurren Lagann series/movies and the latter Hell Girl seasons (and because FUNimation always dubs, they didn't license the second season).
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:47 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Anime Remix wrote:
Rinkwolf wrote:
Anime Remix wrote:

Also, lets not forget Gurren Laggan and the Movies. Everyone expected those to be dubbed to, but alas, it my despair escapes me.

Vis is different. I'm 100% sure that Viz and FUNimation would NEVER do something like that (Unless something big happens that force them to do it). I don't understand why they didn't dub that OVA and I have no comment for the Gurren Laggan movies...

Well, Funimation didn't dub Vandread either. It's just a reissue of the original Geneon/Pioneer release, with the OVAs included. I'm not surprised they aren't dubbed. And since I already own the giant 8-disc boxset, not sure if I'd double dip for it either.

As for Inuyasha, that youtube clip that was posted a little ways back sums up my feelings for the show. But hey, I am glad that all the fans get their dub, since even I can agree that getting a finish for a 167 episode series, then not getting it dubbed, would have really sucked.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 3:10 pm Reply with quote
peachsncreamsoda wrote:
OMG, I've been just waiting to hear this news. I'm soooo happy they really are going to dub it. I wonder if AS will ever air it? I hope so. Even if they don't though i'll just buy the dvds should/when any come out. (Which probably won't be out for a good long while if its taken this long to hear about the dub...) Really liked the first season (despite how dragged out it was at times) so this is really good news to me Anime hyper

Same here. I'm also wondering if they'll get it as well. To me it's 50/50 cause they dd get FMA , but for some reason passed on both Naruto Shippuden and DBZ Kai.

At least one thing is for sure is that it'll never show on nick or on disney xd. It'll be a massive diaster if THAT ever happens.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 3:49 pm Reply with quote
I always enjoyed the English dub of Inu Yasha. Ocean did a solid job. The show itself, however, sort of got tiring.

I have been slowing catching up with The Final Act, though, because I need some closure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:26 pm Reply with quote
FMAvatard wrote:
^ Funimation also didn't pick up the second and third seasons of Hell Girl.

They only rescued those titles (along with the likes of Hellsing Ultimate, Shana and so on) for distribution, they never announced plans to continue them past what Geneon produced. My hopes aren't very high for them getting the Black Lagoon OAVs either.

I bought the Vandread DVDs as they were coming out years ago. I'm hoping FUNi eventually streams the OAVs so I can see them, I don't intend to buy the box set.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bayoab

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:
Anime Remix wrote:

People expected it just for consistency but it should have been no surprise that they weren't when they canceled the vol 6 LE. IY on the other hand sold very well. (Viz put out a press release for how well IY did at one point but I don't remember if that was for the manga or anime.) (Here's one of them.)

jr0904 wrote:
Same here. I'm also wondering if they'll get it as well. To me it's 50/50 cause they dd get FMA , but for some reason passed on both Naruto Shippuden and DBZ Kai.

"Some reason"? How about, they are kids shows and their majority demographic is under 18.

Emerje wrote:

They only rescued those titles (along with the likes of Hellsing Ultimate, Shana and so on) for distribution, they never announced plans to continue them past what Geneon produced.
Vandread was a full re-license, not part of the distribution agreement.
CG-LOVER

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:23 pm Reply with quote
YAAAAAY!!!! Laughing

Now we just need to know if the other original VA will be returning.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
joystick1101

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:24 pm Reply with quote
OK my greatess concern about this dub is Kagome's VA Moneca Stori, whom we havn't heard in some time(since?). Let us hope she hasn't become rusty at dubbing or replaced.
Kenshin Shinta

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:25 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Anime Remix wrote:
Rinkwolf wrote:
Anime Remix wrote:

Ok.... wait.. wait.. wait..wait..wait... the darn Vandread OVAs aren't dubbed? thanks a lot people I was going to double dip just for the OVAs glad I read here before my order shipped. mother-scrunchous!

oh yeah would anybody like to sell or know where I can get
Pilot Candidate
Arjuna
or Project Arms complete sets-

Shinta
Youkai Warrior

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
"Some reason"? How about, they are kids shows and their majority demographic is under 18.

So is Inuyasha believe it or not. Anyway, once I catch up with the series, I plan to see Final Act. It's been awhile since I've seen any Inuyasha, as I've been catching up with other series.
MetatronM

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:20 pm Reply with quote
joystick1101 wrote:
OK my greatess concern about this dub is Kagome's VA Moneca Stori, whom we havn't heard in some time(since?). Let us hope she hasn't become rusty at dubbing or replaced.

Why would you WANT Moneca Story back? Sure, all things considered, the rest of the mains were pretty well dubbed (except for Inuyasha), but Kagome's dub was horrific and not even on character. Her dub performance makes her even more shallow and bitchy than she already obnoxiously was.

I say replace Kagome, leave everyone else (including, grudgingly, Inuyasha...Richard Cox is an awful VA, but I don't think the fanbase would accept anyone else at this point).
ZakuAce

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:01 pm Reply with quote
I am excite. Yes I am. I admit I got bored with Inuyasha near the end, but I want some closure! And I never thought the dub cast was bad - it will be great to hear them all together again!

KENSHIN-SHINTA wrote:

oh yeah would anybody like to sell or know where I can get
Pilot Candidate
Arjuna
or Project Arms complete sets

I've seen some Pilot Candidate sets up for $90-100 on Amazon. As much as I loved it, I don't think it's worth it for an unfinished product.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:39 pm Reply with quote
When will the InuYasha: The Final Act English Dub be out on TV and DVD?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4