• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Rosario + Vampire, Chaos;HEAd, Regios

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZenErik

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:24 pm Reply with quote
I love Madhouse so these announcements are pretty good news. Too bad they licensed a few of their lesser animes and still no licenses for some of their best work.

I'm interested in Rideback, Casshern Sins, and Eden of the East.

I won't be listening to the dub tracks so I have no comments on those. I really hope Funimation gives us decent video quality with these DVDs. My Le Chevalier d'Eon complete collection looked awful. Might as well have been a 5 year old YouTube stream.

Higher bit rate please. No 6 - 7 episodes on a disc with surround sound audio tracks AND extras. That's just too much for a single DVD.

Last edited by ZenErik on Sat May 15, 2010 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Takeyo

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:24 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure I'd classify Rideback as harem.
Oneeyedjacks

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:26 pm Reply with quote
bayoab wrote:
Oneeyedjacks wrote:
Well I guess this explains why Sora no Otoshimono got removed from Chrunchyroll.
Kadokawa has a 30 day after last ep removal rule for all their stuff.

Oh my mistake then. I guess it paid off for Kadokawa then since it got licensed.

And yeah I too found it disappointing that most of the new licenses were all basically harem.
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Takeyo wrote:
I'm not sure I'd classify Rideback as harem.

Yeah well 6/7 of them then lol. But yeah, just a little disappointed they didn't announce anything im interested in. Besides Eden of the East, which I am really excited for.
Taco-chan

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Only looking forward to Eden. Oh well~
Pandadice

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:40 pm Reply with quote
huh.. and they wonder why people don't buy dvds?
Netstryke

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Re: Rosario+Vampire
The moral of the story is "They who hesitates loses it to FUNimation."
Razz
Dakaran

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:43 pm Reply with quote
wow i'm buying Rideback and Chrome Shelled REGIOS O.o! geez, EVERYTHING THEY LISTED!!!!! wow, wow AND WOW~!

Last edited by Dakaran on Sat May 15, 2010 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Haven't watched any of these shows, save for Sora No Ototshimono (mediocre, imo). Some of them sound interesting though. I just wish Funimation didn't take a million years to release stuff cough*Phantom, Shikabane Hime*cough.
ZenErik

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:50 pm Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
Haven't watched any of these shows, save for Sora No Ototshimono (mediocre, imo). Some of them sound interesting though. I just wish Funimation didn't take a million years to release stuff cough*Phantom, Shikabane Hime*cough.

It'd be faster if they didn't dub them. Razz

Or releases slightly cheaper sub only versions first. I would very much love that. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 3:02 pm Reply with quote
I have not see Shikabane, Sora or much of Regios but the rest are some fairly odd choices.
Chass;Head was a sleeper back when it came out. I can see it losing its mindgame mental edge if not treated properly.
Rosario + Vampire is getting an R1 release....Moka....Tsukune...Moka..Tuskune....capu.Epic dubbing lines incoming.

Funi is going to have a funny looking 2011 1st quarter with these titles.
garfield15

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 3:04 pm Reply with quote
ZenErik wrote:

It'd be faster if they didn't dub them. Razz

That's just not how FUNi rolls
ZenErik wrote:

Or releases slightly cheaper sub only versions first. I would very much love that. Smile

Not like I have a problem with sub-only or anything, but doesn't like everybody say when a sub-only release comes out "Oh wow, (insert anime here) is licensed. Too bad it's sub-only. Now I won't buy it."
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Fletcher1991 wrote:
All harem anime, really? I was hoping for at least 1 license I would be interested in. W/e they are releasing a few shows I am interested in already anyways.

Rideback isn't even close to harem. Unfortunately, the what could have been an amazing motorcycle-ballet-racing anime is utterly ruined by incredibly shallow and stupid political intrigue. Guys on standing motorcycles deflecting RPGs and other arms? Absolutely horrid. Had the show stuck to one or the other, it'd have been fine, but by mixing you get an indecisive mess that's ultimately very forgettable, despite having very good visuals and music.

Rosario + Vampire's license is coming a lot later than I'd thought, considering its popularity. Incredible designs, fun characters, but another big hulking dumb show and that shites upon the manga, and I'm not even sure the manga was that good to begin with either. Culminates in one the most rage-inducing and selfish decisions I've seen in these types of anime from a main character, in the second season.

Chaos;Head has the problem of being a very confusing anime. Not in a deep and philosophical Ghost in the Shell/Mamoru Oshii way, but just because it tends to make crap up as it goes, all while trying to being serious. I guess you really could label that under the word pretentious, for once. I heard the game is much better though. The anime is definitely not super special, probably got the short end of Madhouse's budget that season, the rest appropriately going to Casshern.

Not too much to comment on with the others. Sora no Otoshimono is a comedy fanservice anime with all your typical fixings. Regios has Felli.

Last edited by walw6pK4Alo on Sat May 15, 2010 3:15 pm; edited 3 times in total
doubleO7

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 3:05 pm Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:

Apparently Shikabane Hime is currently scheduled to be released on September 14th
http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?t=100379
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Surprised they didn't get Rosario sooner. (Bidding war, maybe?) Sounds a lot more logical than Bund, too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 13