• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Comic Market Bars All Kuroko's Basketball Circles, Items

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:32 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
I can't believe he can make these threats and not be tracked down.

He must be using a proxy or something (which is piss-easy to do), but I thought there were still supposed to be ways for the authorities to track a person even through the proxy wall.

Edit: anyway, I may not be a fan of Kuroko's Basketball but the franchise (and its legion of fans) does not deserve this punishment. I extend my sympathies to those people who were excited to be attending Comiket for the now-cancelled circles and items. They must be gutted by this news.

I just find it silly that they haven't caught him yet. Didn't he send those threats by regular post mail? It shouldn't be that hard. I doubt you can use a proxy to secretively send a package through delivery mail.

I haven't watched any of Kuroko, but I'm at least glad that the manga had a big spike in sales this year, right in that bastard's face. Of course, all this ruckus made me even more interested in eventually watching/reading it. I hope at least, in that aspect, this backfires on the a**hole that's doing this, even if all doujinshi fans have to suffer
poonk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:43 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Edit: anyway, I may not be a fan of Kuroko's Basketball but the franchise (and its legion of fans) does not deserve this punishment. I extend my sympathies to those people who were excited to be attending Comiket for the now-cancelled circles and items. They must be gutted by this news.
Though I've not watched Kurobas myself (yet?), as a definite fujoshi-type I'd like to thank you for your sentiment. I actually had no interest in this series until someone I followed on tumblr started posting lots of screencaps/fanart and now I'm actually sorta intigued. Though nothing I've seen seems even remotely incendiary enough to be worth the threats that have been occurring. It's truly bizarre and obviously the work of an individual who has personal issues removed from anime in general.

Last edited by poonk on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:47 am Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
phoenixalia wrote:
Then again, I'm not a fujoshi....

.. you sure about that? *pokes phoenixalia in the ribs*

Quote:
A girl who enjoys BL is known as a fujoshi, NOT because she likes bishies.

so you're saying there are fujoshi doujin filled with fugly dudes? Shocked

Sigh, like Crowlia said, liking hot bishies is not being a fujoshi. Its when you watch stuff where they do 'naughty' things to each other that makes you a fujoshi. Learn the difference.

Fencedude5609 wrote:
She's not a Fujoshi the same way a lot of the Otaku on this site will swear up and down that they aren't otaku.

I am a girl who love HOT BISHIES. Period. I am not a girl who loves hot bishies doing 'naughty things' to each other. Once again, learn the difference, pal.
poonk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:55 am Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
configspace wrote:
phoenixalia wrote:
Quote:
Sigh, like Crowlia said, liking hot bishies is not being a fujoshi. Its when you watch stuff where they do 'naughty' things to each other that makes you a fujoshi. Learn the difference.
Again, as a fujoshi-type I agree-- I prefer to maintain the difference between fans who dig the BL and/or slash and those who don't. Because we like different things and the terminology helps avoid conflation between the two fandoms. Not all female fans are the same and we're not necessarily looking for the same thing out of our anime/manga, thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:32 am Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
phoenixalia wrote:
configspace wrote:
phoenixalia wrote:
Quote:
Again, as a fujoshi-type I agree-- I prefer to maintain the difference between fans who dig the BL and/or slash and those who don't. Because we like different things and the terminology helps avoid conflation between the two fandoms. Not all female fans are the same and we're not necessarily looking for the same thing out of our anime/manga, thanks!

Amen.
mgosdin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:32 am Reply with quote
Well if you've been following this you can't say it was unexpected.

I find it interesting that the Authorities are pushing the Comiket organizers to do this. I still believe there are significant chunks of information that the public in Japan ( and elsewhere ) doesn't have that are eliciting this sort of over the top response.

Something is definitely rotten here and it isn't fujoshi.

Mark Gosdin
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:57 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Edit: And another one to the police. Because putting an online pirate in jail takes 2 days and catching this psycho has been impossible in 6 months

Uh, because it's ridiculously easy to catch a pirate. An IP address is all you need to contact the ISP to get their place of residence. Dropping off a letter or package to a mail box late at night isn't easy to track.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:01 am Reply with quote
This is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. Can you imagine the outrage if Comic Con did something like this? At this point, I would be preparing a lawsuit. Granted Comiket is just a fan thing, but to have sales literally shut down because someone made a few threats has to be damaging his/her livelihood.

Last edited by v1cious on Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:04 am; edited 4 times in total
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:02 am Reply with quote
Hahaha, now this is getting really funny...................

Then again, J-cops aren't really known for timely resolving such crimes................
lostrune

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:38 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
This is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. Can you imagine the outrage if Comic Con did something like this?

They sell doujinshi at Comic Con? Laughing

I kid, but Comic Con is only a fraction of the size of Comiket. Less of a security risk.
BassKuroi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:07 am Reply with quote
Quote:
there is a high possibility that the liquid sent to Sophia University on October 12 could emit a lethal dose of hydrogen sulfide if vaporized.

That's funny because you need a big tank of H2S to kill a cat. Otherwise, is the stink of rotten eggs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_sulfide#Toxicity
mistress_kisara

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:43 am Reply with quote
F***** bastard ruining it for the fans! Evil or Very Mad
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:47 am Reply with quote
This is the response I expected, it's a shame for KuroBas doujin groups and those hoping to get some of the doujinshi. However, the rest of the event will go on, with higher security than usual as well.
Furudanuki

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:56 am Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Uh, because it's ridiculously easy to catch a pirate. An IP address is all you need to contact the ISP to get their place of residence.

Ummm, I'm afraid it isn't quite that simple.
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-10-19/gundam-00-assistant-director-charges-dropped
http://www.japancrush.com/2012/stories/police-false-arrests-in-remote-control-virus-case-criticized.html
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:05 am Reply with quote
Oh wow, he actually got it banned from Comiket? Thats the big one that actually matters, since KnB was like the hottest property in the last Comiket in terms of total doujins made. They've really let the crazy guy win by giving into him like this.

v1cious wrote:
This is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. Can you imagine the outrage if Comic Con did something like this? At this point, I would be preparing a lawsuit. Granted Comiket is just a fan thing, but to have sales literally shut down because someone made a few threats has to be damaging his/her livelihood.

You do realize Comiket is far bigger than any American comic convention, right? We're talking about over a half million in attendance on a normal basis (Wiki says the New York Comic con gets about 100k). This is the biggest comic convention in the world and the single biggest anime/manga event.

This could really hurt the hundreds of doujinshi artists working on KnB stuff too. They often spend months making their doujinshis and getting them printed and such for Comiket... and now they're told they can't come sell them? They could always try to sell them online or something I guess... but its never as effective as selling them on the convention floor.

Last edited by RyanSaotome on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6