• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
A Conversation With Moto Hagio

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diligent sesame

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
So now we have, for the first time in America, a collection of your short stories. If we were to bring one of your long-running series to America, which one would you choose?

That's ... well, that's difficult, but if it were up to Matt he'd pick The Heart of Thomas.

Haha I still remember reading Matt Thorn's recommendation for Heart of Thomas in his Shoujo Manga Recommendations page where he called it the "manga that changed [his] life" and basically I was amused by this coming from a grown man. But it worked for me!
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:34 am Reply with quote
Just thought I would mention that A Drunken Dream is up for pre-order on RightStuf with a 30% discount (I just put my order in).

I too hope more of Moto Hagio's work will become available in the US. I was fortunate to find a used copy of A, A' at Book-Off a few years ago and found a copy of Four Shoujo Stories at a comic store in Manhattan where I have occasionally found out-of-print manga.
Onizuka666

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:45 am Reply with quote
Good interview.

I really wish Viz would pull their finger out and reprint They Were Eleven in its classics line. If they don't want to reprint it, pass it on to someone that will.

I love Toward the Terra, and will be picking up those GNs up. A Drunken Daydream I'll keep an eye open for.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2