• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya (Novel)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
machetecat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:23 pm Reply with quote
DavidShallcross wrote:
machetecat wrote:

When it comes to Mikuru, I find myself highly amused by Kyon's musings of her. Mostly because I'm praying that she'll be revealed to be Kyon's daughter/niece/grandaughter, just to see/read his reaction. If this ends up happening, it'll be beyond priceless.

Mikuru's behavior to Kyon has always appeared to be "We can't get together because it would make Haruhi jealous, and she would destroy the world", and not "We can't get together because it would be creepy incest". So if they were related, Mikuru doesn't seem to know it.
Doesn't she say during one of her talks with Kyon that she had some of her memory wiped? It could TOTALLY be plausible, or maybe she just knows Kyon's actual first name instead of his nickname when he's older. *shrugs*
population_tire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:36 pm Reply with quote
I thought it was more "We can't be together because I'm from the future and I'll have to go back someday."
Wolfrank13

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Isn't it more like: "we can't get together because Haruhi would get super jealous AND because I'm not allowed to have a relationship with ANYONE in this time period."
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2