• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Unlicenses Naruto

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FeralKat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Shocked I had almost forgotten it was April Fools day. Lol, good one, guys! When I read the end of the article, I started laughing!
slickwataris

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Hm...wasn't funny. Is that why the server was so busy this morning? It seriously screwed up my computer. I spent 3 hours trying to fix it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ZeroRyoko1974

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:31 pm Reply with quote
hahahaha *goes to buy a talking hamster*
Goodspeed

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:48 pm Reply with quote
I knew this was an April Fool's joke the second I saw the title. Seriously, guys, try harder. Your old ones fooled me.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Dark Morford wrote:
This one's just too easy.

If they made this one believable, it'd have caused massive, internet-wide panic. You know how delicate any mention of Naruto's licensing—joke or not—is to all the rabid Narutards out there.

I mean, it even seems some people are actually believing the Ebichu one, so...yeah...

Goodspeed wrote:
Seriously, guys, try harder. Your old ones fooled me.

Didn't one of the ones last year talk about Godzilla as an actual living being? I think ANN's mixing realistic and off-the-wall April Fool's gags is a more regular trend than people remember, and I, for one, like it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Razorlight6

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Goodspeed wrote:
I knew this was an April Fool's joke the second I saw the title. Seriously, guys, try harder.

Yeah, Viz would have gotten so many thank you cards. Laughing

And please, let's show Hamtaro some love. Embarassed
Gamelore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Lame, I had first post on this thread. I was parodying the guy who said "first post on the Naruto licensed" thread from a couple months ago.

How lame do you have to be to erase a parody post on a joke thread?
Lemharth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:29 pm Reply with quote
I was tricked Embarassed I didn't know it was April fools day. I thought it was still March Razz Time is flying by way to quickly for me...
Sam.:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:30 pm Reply with quote
ANN this is so not funny. Don't every do that again.

Some people like me don't stop by and browse ANN all-the-time anymore ... I used to check news here almost everyday ... okay! (but now maybe only twice a month or so.) Also, neither my friends nor I are hardcore anime fans anymore, (like we used to be back in our teenage years.) Therefore, we are not in touch with anime news. I would appreciate it, if you don't scare me like that again. Moreover, we always trusted ANN as a reliable anime news site. Playing a cruel joke like this is so not cool. I'm sure there are plenty others out there, that are in the same boat as me.
Naruto is kinda a touch subject right now. I wonder how many saw this as a hoax? or how many smaller websites linked you a false news source on this. Next time think of the long term consequences, instead of the short term amusement. thanks!

your next step, torrmow, is going to be to apologize for the news post right? But sorry don't make a dead man alive. (Tiny font so that the mod doesn't see it) Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Haru to Ashura

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Sam.: wrote:
ANN this is so not funny. Don't every do that again.

Some people like me don't stop by and browse ANN all-the-time anymore ... I used to check news here almost everyday ... okay! (but now maybe only twice a month or so.) Also, neither my friends nor I are hardcore anime fans anymore, (like we used to be back in our teenage years.) Therefore, we are not in touch with anime news. I would appreciate it, if you don't scare me like that again. Moreover, we always trusted ANN as a reliable anime news site. Playing a cruel joke like this is so not cool. I'm sure there are plenty others out there, that are in the same boat as me.
Naruto is kinda a touch subject right now. I wonder how many saw this as a hoax? or how many smaller websites linked you a false news source on this. Next time think of the long term consequences, instead of the short term amusement. thanks!

your next step, torrmow, is going to be to apologize for the news post right? But sorry don't make a dead man alive. (Tiny font so that the mod doesn't see it) :P

It's a very, VERY obvious joke, so get over it. You could tell from just reading the headline.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
prime_pm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:44 pm Reply with quote
It wasn't that bad of a joke. I mean, I've heard of people making posts on some sites saying the next Metal Gear Solid 4 game was coming out in early 2006...for the Xbox. And it involved Snake going into both Gulf Wars to stop the new Metal Gear Red.

And on another topic, I've been banned from five different websites today.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Gamelore wrote:
How lame do you have to be to erase a parody post on a joke thread?

You really thought it was such an obvious parody? I mean...Cookie, myself, and I'm sure a good couple dozen others easy just saw it as generic Slashdot spam. I don't see how deleting it was lame, because it wasn't really all that clever in the first place.

I would appreciate it, if you don't scare me like that again. Moreover, we always trusted ANN as a reliable anime news site. Playing a cruel joke like this is so not cool. I'm sure there are plenty others out there, that are in the same boat as me.

Um...quit crying and get over yourself, please? It was a joke...an obvious joke on a widely-observed day for pranks. For you to get this offended over something to obviously meant in jest is simply pathetic, sorry to say.

Right, let's never have any fun because it might offend or confuse weaker minds and people with no sense of humour. What a great way to live your life!

(Tiny font so that the mod doesn't see it)

...I have no words to describe how stupid this is.

By the way, what in the hell does "But sorry don't make a dead man alive" mean anyway?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Zack26
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:52 pm Reply with quote
lol Nice one ANN. Though, I'm pretty sure that there's other fans that think the same too Smile.
.Sy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:04 pm Reply with quote
It's posted on April 1st...I didn't notice. But I think if it were true, the comments would be interesting. The news posts about people thinking anime is corrupt, etc, get an interesting response. This one was funny though, using Naruto.
mrhomiec

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:09 pm Reply with quote
it was just what the hell stupid until i read this part..
Quote:
"Within minutes of our broadcast announcement, we were flooded with thousands of e-mails claiming to be from enraged mothers."

"They were all the same. 'Naruto Uzumaki, he's a mischievous little brat!'

i'm like.. how the hell would parents even know about Naruto? yea.. uh huh.. if parents were into Naruto, that means they're anime freaks, so why would they not allow their kids to watch it.

edit: i feel stupid for not noticing the sub topic title
"Uses money to invest in talking-hamster research"
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4