• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blood TV Series Scheduled

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:41 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:

The story as it's been depicted so far is rather dark and brooding. The fact that the TV series is being placed in a timeslot reserved for children's action shows causes those of us who became fans of that to be rather nervous.

I can imagine. I was more nervous when 'Gonzo' got their hands on 'Chrno Crusade', now that was a nightmare. Crying or Very sad

Nagisa wrote:
Also, Katsuya Terada isn't working on the TV series. Or at least it sure doesn't look like his handiwork to me.

I never said he was. I'm talking about him being the official artist chosen for the concept aside from the OVA. Wink

Chrno2 wrote:
Maybe they wanted to do this to fit the manga.

Nagisa wrote:
The character design being shown for Saya looks nothing like the manga at all. See above.

I realized that now after finding a copy of the book. Don't know why I said it anyway. Embarassed

Chrno2 wrote:
But hell, if they're designing the lead this way there might a reason to who they are targeting. And school kids might not be the answer. Hahahaha!!

Nagisa wrote:
Old pedophiles, then? People with gothic loli complexes?

Probably. Laughing But hey I'm just speculating here. I only mentioned that because she seems more approachable than OVA Saya. I'm just thinking about the "cute" girl concept. She's still "moody", just in a light sort of way. Could be that it's cheaper to do it this way than do it at OVA quality. It be scarier if she was done in magical girl fashion. I'm sure they'll have a reason for it provided a review or interview is given at some point. Smile

Chrno2 wrote:
Hopefully people won't judge it too harshly or compare it to much with the OVA.

Nagisa wrote:
I think people should. This franchise needs more fleshing out in line with the material we've seen thus far to make us understand and appreciate it more. It does not need an alternate, independent retelling for the little kids while the existing rendition remains unfinished. I want to see more of the existing Blood, I don't want to see another type of series entirely.

I have to agree on that one. The OVA gave us a taste and now we want more. Hell, I did. I was hooked, Saya's a badass! That's pretty good storytellling to leave you wondering. But yes, fans don't want to see a illustrative change up just like that. But hey, nothing is really set in stone per se, so they can pretty much do what they want with series. Using a show like Mezzo Forte as an example they kept it consistant when they turned that into a TV series minus the "X" content. Now that was a shocker. 'Blood the TV series' should have stayed this way. But I bet they are changing the designs to make it appeal to a younger audience. Basically, it's time to find more material to create an animated series to put on TV. I'm still willing to check it out regardless.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Also, Katsuya Terada isn't working on the TV series. Or at least it sure doesn't look like his handiwork to me.
That looks very Ghibli-ish to me. Shocked
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
That looks very Ghibli-ish to me. Shocked

Then looking at again I had to laugh on that note. Laughing Hoo boy!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2