• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GJ Club (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:26 pm Reply with quote
hey, if Kasumi will put on a maid outfit, learn to ride a motorcycle and happily do a little twirl every time Kyoya is around, i might reconsider.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Dekomori has "joined" the club, and she fits right it. Also, more hair brushing.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:33 am Reply with quote
Episodes 3 to 7 (that makes it the 100th episode this week)

The girls have really shot themselves in the foot in regards to Kyouya with how they treated him in episode 2; getting his hopes up like that then destroying them is just too mean for him to really see their advances. Even the bits about them having a truce over not giving him chocolates to prevent fighting (or something) have just made him feel left out, although they learned something, he is a giant maide fetishest.

I would say so far the most memorable parts are the bits connected to the prez, Mao, things like the hamster outfit, restaurant, the 5 under the kotatsu, and creating Ore-man. Although I the pairing I most support is with Shion, there is just something I like about her interactions with Kyouya, it actually feels like he does have a thing for her cool beauty and that she does not have to act like some kid that you see happen in lots of anime. The buttler outfit was better than if it had actually been a maide outfit, I like her light hearted teasing of him, how he can get embarassed, and how you often see her hold back her laughter. Kirara has her moments too, the cat bit was adorable, although her meat thing can get a little one note. Megumi is fine, but she is falling into a certain cliche with weight thing.

In episode 7 we finally got the green haired character, Tamaki, that appeared breifly in the OP, the OP has now changed to include more of her. It seems she is a first year for the new year, I actually thought that Mao and Shion were third years, Kyouya a second, Megumi and Kirara were firsts, but I guess I should have picked up that they did not call him "senpai". I like how it brought back Shion's wish for a little sister; it is what I automatically thought when they said she was kidnapped while walking by. She has not been too interesting so far, mostly just being the big eater character, but she is able to out childish Mao, which is worth something. Kotatsu sitting ftw.

We need more imouto in the show, Mori is good too, lol at Megumi and Mao not realizing there were two different Moris.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:01 am Reply with quote
I was wondering about what years they were in too. I knew that Kirara was Kyouya's kouhai, and later Kyouya said Mao is a 2nd year, and now we know Shion is a 3rd year. So Kirara, Megumi, and Tamaki (they didn't say a new year started, just that Tamaki got kidnapped randomly) are first years, Kyouya and Mao are second years, and Shion is third year.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:01 am Reply with quote
Two episodes ago had White Day, which is March 14th. Then last week Geraldine moved to Japan so she could attend school. This episode they decided to use the kotatsu just because they haven't used it recently and they stated it would be getting warmer soon. I think Dusky is right, and they have started a new year

I really doubt there is going to be any sort of romantic resolution in this show
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Well the new school year starts in spring, the decision of showing the trees they did was meant to show that it was a new school year. We had specific mentions before that Mao was in the second and soon to go into third year. I am pretty sure there is also the fact that Tamaki calls Kyouya senpai.

Episodes 1 to 6:
First years: Kyouya, Megumi, Kirara
Second years: Mao, Shion

Episodes 7<:
First years: Tamaki
Second years: Kyouya, Megumi, Kirara
Third years: Mao, Shion

There are also the younger sisters, it appears the sisters of the main characters will all be in middle school.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:09 pm Reply with quote
In episode one Kyouya says Kirara is his kouhai (which is why she gave him her meat) so he's definitely a second year from the get go. He told his sister that Mao was a 2nd year as well, and he's always treated Shion as some one older than him.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:12 pm Reply with quote
so then maybe time in this show will advance normally, but they wont actually age or advance in school. Like Yuru Yuri
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Mao, Shion, and Kirara are third years.
Kyoro and Megumi are second years.
Tama is a first year.

It's all in the shoes.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:41 pm Reply with quote
I have been trying to find visual clues from their uniforms to indicated their grade, but I didn't think of paying attention to the shoes. nice catch

so blue for 1st year, teal? for second year and red for third year
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Mao, Shion, and Kirara are third years.
Kyoro and Megumi are second years.
Tama is a first year.

It's all in the shoes.

I know some schools have uniforms colour coded by year (I was looking at the ribbons myself) but that goes directly against what's said in the show. Kyouya establishes in episode one that Kirara is younger than he is.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Could she have skipped a couple grades?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:53 pm Reply with quote
I don't think so. The subs have different wording, but Kyouya does say the word "kouhai", which means underclassman.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:17 pm Reply with quote
I thought the "kouhai" thing was their way of trying to understand how Kirara thinks, like why would she give him meat. They figured that she has a kind of animal hierarchy that she considers about people, and she considers Kyouya to be above her, kouhai does not neccesarily mean just younger in school but lower in status. Kyouya did not have to be older for Kirara to consider him higher, just as Mao being older did not automatically make her her higher in status to Kirara, remember how frustrated she got.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Once again inaccurate fansubbing causes all sorts of problems!

So looking at Crunchyroll's subs of the first episode, Kyouya was actually refering to himself as the kouhai, and Shion was saying how the higher animals give to the lower, not the other way around.

So Megiddo was absolutely correct in their assessment. I guess it also explains why he used to call her "Kirara-san."

Anyways, more imouto goodness in the newest episode, but Mori really does steal the show.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5