• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Publisher Lists New Infinite Stratos TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:16 am Reply with quote
Deus nōs auxiliet.

This is expected, but certainly not appreciated. The soap opera surrounding this show is far more interesting than the show itself.
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:28 am Reply with quote
^
Sorry Chagen46, but I don't plan on going ballistic at the series this time round. Even with my impending conniption. And since I was involved in the overwhelming majority of the crapstorm surrounding the show, without me the threads will be barren of drama.

kazziyan wrote:
Naw I laughed. =D

Cheers. Glad I could brighten your day, if only for a moment.
zensunni

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:54 am Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
uhhiluvanime wrote:
Pretty sure it said this a reboot guys.

The reboot is in the sense that they switched publishers and artists for the series. It's not a reboot story wise.

That was how I read it too. If I remember correctly, the LN author had gone on hiatus for a while due to health issues, but started working on other projects a while ago. It is nice to see he is writing IS again. Makes you wonder if it was health or disagreements with the publisher...
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:03 pm Reply with quote
^
I heard it was disagreements with his publisher, though I'm not sure what the disagreement actually was. The first season of Infinite Stratos made a mint and the Light Novels were doing well; you'd think the author and publisher could have put their differences aside to keep the gravy train going. Well, I suppose they eventually did, since more LNs were written and the Anime now has a second season, but it is very interesting how long it took for the Anime to get this new season.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:31 pm Reply with quote
By "soap opera" I meant the whole "author has an emo shitfit and IS was in limbo" deal
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:53 pm Reply with quote
I'm a girl and even I enjoyed this anime. The characters are just really interesting and funny. Plus Im a mecha fangirl, so it all makes it worthwhile.

Now, Sentai, hurry up and nab this and dub it, because I liked the dub voices and don't want to watch it subbed.
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:10 pm Reply with quote
honestly having read some of the novel translations out there the first season actually followed the first three novels faithfully, (the only difference was Silver Gospel being unmanned instead of acting on it's own with it's pilot unconcious the whole time). So I'm looking forward to more episodes though here's the question is this gonna quickly rehash the first three novels with the new character designs (for the LN) or keep the first set of character designs and continue on with Novel 4 onward?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Hey, hey, hey.

Maybe there'll be a story this time. Or they'll introduce another five girls, either one will be an improvement. Yes, Charlotte was fun but there were other girls, who cares about them?
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Rockin'. I love the first show so I definitely appreciate more.
dragon695

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:07 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
This is great news! I was so worried there wouldn't be another season.

No it isn't, it shouldn't have gotten another season.
kazziyan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Hey, hey, hey.

Maybe there'll be a story this time. Or they'll introduce another five girls, either one will be an improvement. Yes, Charlotte was fun but there were other girls, who cares about them?

The story is about the girls being cute. That's all you need!
Echo_City

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:36 pm Reply with quote
What made the first IS worth watching the first time around was the "big reveal" at the end, where they revealed that there was at least one character with a bit of depth in the series. Now that the metaphorical cat is out of the bag, what more can they do with it?

Since what they revealed was responsible for all mecha action seen in the show if they don't roll with it then the show will, IMO, fall flat. Just stereotypical soap opera exchanges, nothing more.

They can't pull the same trick twice (I hope that they realize this) and I have my doubts that those involved with the show have the ability/will to construct an actual plot which would bolster the harem action by giving a reason for the mecha action.
kanechin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:08 pm Reply with quote
and the trainwreck continues.
anime doesn't appeal to me anymore, now we're stuck with this sh**** LN/VN/game adaptions and over dependence
on moe in place of plot instead of coming up with a decent plot or adapting the LNs that already have a good plot.
I could love a anime that has moe but doesn't depend on it's viewers loving it because oh the girls are so cute and also aren't doing a damn thing or relying on the same awful jokes for 12 episodes. Oh well, screw the JPN otaku and studios.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Well IS has the good cheese and you guys brought the whine...I think we're all good now. Rolling Eyes
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:23 pm Reply with quote
I'm okay with this.

If they bring Ichika's monologues to it this time, that is. The removal of them in the anime dropped his likability for me drastically. He wasn't that great of a character originally but when they took out one of my favorite traits....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3