• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Black and White Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gankutsuou

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:02 am Reply with quote
This would be better if it were based on the game...
linlinchan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:45 am Reply with quote
Gankutsuou wrote:

No, see, it really wouldn't. Black & White the manga is extremely good.

Anyway, I thought I was dreaming when I saw this news item. Thank god I'm not, I'm so happy.
The Xenos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:55 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure if all of their shorts are sorted onto DVDs or what. I know they got a couple DVDs of shorts like Mindgame and Digital Juice were like a movie length collection of shorts. I don't know how their other shorts were released. I would buy US copies of the DVDs and if they ever could get a bunch of the shorts like comedy on a DVD. Though I have no clue of the probability of either happening.

-Xenos
Cloe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:23 pm Reply with quote
The Xenos wrote:
I would buy US copies of the DVDs and if they ever could get a bunch of the shorts like comedy on a DVD.

Comedy IS available on DVD. This DVD, to be specific. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
darkhunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Gankutsuou wrote:

No, the game's basically don't even have a storyline since it's a sim. It isn't japanese and nobody in japan is probably even interested let alone heard about it. What's next? The Sims anime?

The manga is better than the game, just give it a try.

Last edited by darkhunter on Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cloe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:59 pm Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:
Too bad there's too many nuggets that will never read this excellent manga.

Nuggets....?

Anyway, I agree. Black and White is one of the most phenomenal manga I have ever read, and it's also a personal favorite. It's a shame that copies of the Viz release are hard to find nowadays, but I highly recommend everyone who runs across one to pick it up. Amazing, amazing work.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Neilworms

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I'm amazed how much attention this announcement got, I expected maybe 3 or 4 posts from the usual suspects discussing this work. Unconventional Artists like Taiyou Matsumoto and studio 4C have gotten a lot of attention thanks to a few dedicated fans :)

This film actually was in planning for a long time, I seem to remember Arias being attached to it also (if the ig forums weren't down I'd link to where I first read about it), which is something else that's really cool, its great to see an american be able to work on such a unique project.... something that would never bee done in our domestic animation industry.

There are some great anime films coming out soon, Satoshi Kon's film based on a sci fi novel, Takahata's next film, a rumored Okiura/Oshii production (guys who did Jin Roh), and of course Morimoto's film.

Anime is not dead as an artform :).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2