• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Chronicles of the Going Home Club (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Botan doing spoiler[waterfall like meditations in the shower] like it was brought up earlier. Laughing

And so many hand waves to errors and laziness. The boobs bit got a laugh out of me as it felt so out of left field for this series.
thewrll

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:52 am Reply with quote
Why do we have to wait another week for a new episode?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:01 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

The Piccolo joke had me laughing, Seeing the young her do it looked funny, and repeating it like it was for the other colour thing. I like how it the route of spoiler[friendship speeches] but still said they were kind of useless and all her fault anyway.

Wait a minute, thinking about the spoiler[extra member] thing, I remember them getting a spoiler[table of 6 despite there only being five of them, and only seeing 5]. Watching that scene again shows that we indeed saw spoiler[6 pairs of legs only 5 people]. Spooky! I am guessing spoiler[it is the girl they run past in the OP.]
thewrll

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:04 am Reply with quote
I do wonder who that mysterious teen is.

Loved this episode.

spoiler[Them essentially having to forfeit because of Karin not racing was genius.]

spoiler[Never let Botan near a football.]

spoiler[I guess sparkly nails really add to one's apperance/personality.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

Laughing They did it again.

It did not come up in the forums, but earlier in the series they tried to spoiler[convince us that episode 4 was actually episode 3]. It is somewhat hard to do when you can spoiler[see the episode number, but saying it so many times and actually trying talking about things they should do for that episode kind of starts to convince you]. What they did now was trying to spoiler[tell us this was the last episode]; we got a heart-warming tale of how Botan and Sakura became friends and started the club, with talks about how spoiler[they should end. Only revealing at the last minute that there is another episode because Karin knew the entire time]. I don't think I have seen a show go that far before.

As for the rest, I like how their student president felt like a character from Medaka Box, due to spoiler[shounen like powers used for over the ridiculous school reasons, with various nicknames]. The talk of spoiler[custom uniforms] also reminded me of it. And the end actually decided to spoiler[allow Sakura to roll a bowling ball down the hallway]. Laughing

And the talk of spoiler[ending at a school festival] was a K-ON reference, pretty clear with how they spoiler[attempted a band], although I did not know that spoiler[a bear] could be an instrument.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:43 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

This is officially the last episode of the summer season. This episode was just a barrage of jokes and skits, and it was actually pretty entertaining, they were able to surprise me with a good deal of the punch lines. The fast pace and changing scenarios I think actually worked better than the rest of the series did. They threw in a spoiler[24 ringtone] during the countdown. Laughing Also, did Claire's eyes keep switching into yandere mode? And how exactly can she go to the spoiler[bathroom for Karin]. Also the toilet humour, and comparing centipedes to spoiler[a fetes].

It might have been largely a lacklustre series, but it actually seemed to improve as it went on, throw out a few curveballs, and the end showed its strength. I rate it Good, worth seeing. The sort of thing you watch if just want some jokes and perhaps a few surprises.

Gotta bring up another joke; bring back the student president just to spoiler[introduce someone else, build up his own power and then have it called useless]. Introducing more characters would have probably improved the series overall.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2