• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Geneon Announces Elemental Gelade

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:
LOL. I bore with it for 10 eps and gave up.

It does have SOME sort of fan following (one of my friends called it "good," but she likes anything with swords and magic Razz), but it's basically a Final Fantasy copy with Yuki Kajiura music.

It has Yuki Kajiura doing the soundtrack? Awesome. Now I must pick this up.
Rªdì¢âl_£Ð

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Well, I picked this and the manga up and I found that the anime isn't much of a comparison to the manga. The anime didn't have the over the top action like the manga while the music made it sound too much like a fantasy videogame. Yuki Kajiura's music is good but her style is more for fantasy and horror but it doesn't fit too well for this anime. I was more expecting something along the lines of the Last Exile soundtrack.

But what blew it for me was the ninjas. Yes, ninjas. With one of my favorite scenes already ruined by the anime (spoiler[Cisqua rammed their ship through the bridge of the Red Lynx's ship in the manga but instead they docked in the anime.]), it gets ruined even more with a HOLY S***! NINJAS!!! invasion. It would have been cool if it was HOLY 5HIT! NINJAPOCOLYPSE!!! but no. There are some places where having ninjas would be awesome. This anime isn't one of them. Well, it wasn't executed very well for this anime at least.

In anycase, after one episode, I have already lost interest in the anime. In fact, I don't mind that the Ocean Group is dubbing it. (I'm not a fan of theirs. L.A. studios all the way followed by Texas then NY) The manga on the otherhand I still have an interest in. I'll probably buy it once it comes stateside.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2