• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters to Release Voltron in September

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenchi Saotome

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Hot damm I can't wait, not only are both Voltrons geting relesed but Go Lion and Dairugger XV are going to be relesed uncut in Japapnese as well and along with Teknoman\Tekkaman I now love Media Blasters.
icepick314

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:46 pm Reply with quote
it'll be like playing regular stereo audio on faux surround sound....

they gonna have to WORK the audio system to pull off 5.1 Dolby from mono audio...

I can't wait to see Voltron on DVD myself but I wish they would keep the original dubbing...I liked the original English dubbing from way back when I first heard it....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
mangajunky
Company Representative

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:54 pm Reply with quote
We are keeping the original dub.

-Franky
metalformer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Shocked This is the end of the world!!!!!! I was beginning to think this day will never come but gladly I was wrong! I'll pray every night to make sure BOTH versions are released! It's about time that classic that paved the way for anime into the USA are given the proper DVD treatment they deserve! GO VOLTRON FORCE! Very Happy
biliano

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:20 pm Reply with quote
mangajunky wrote:
We are keeping the original dub.

-Franky

That's great! The original dub was very good so it'll be nice to get myself reacquainted with those voices.
Spoofer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:27 pm Reply with quote
OOOOOOOMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGG

I never even had any hope for a GoLion release. This is amazing. I doubt I'll have enough money for both releases though, so make sure to include the Voltron theme song/intro on the GoLion release as an extra please. Please. Pls. Anime smile
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:28 pm Reply with quote
All MB needs to do is get the rights to the Choundenshi Robo shows (Combattler V, Voltes V, and Daimos) and all will be well.
The Seventh Son

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:32 pm Reply with quote
HOLY F***ING SHIT! finally, after around 15 years since i last saw it, I CAN SEE VOLTRON!!! i just hope to God its not in the cheesetastic, put through the meatgrinder version that i saw in around 1990. or is the unedited version still somewhat cheesy, can someone PLEASE tell me? when i first saw it, the story skipped around. i still loved it, even though there were tons of open holes in the story. i almost lost it when i found out some examples of how butchered it was. now i finally can see one of my first anime's EVER! good thing im getting another job soon, cause ill need all of that money. i just hope that the dvds dont get overpriced. its still kinda a bummer to hear how media blasters is going to release them. AND THEY DAMN BETTER RELEASE IT WITH PRACTICALLY NO EDITS!!
xstylus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:38 pm Reply with quote
I am SO all over that. Can't wait for it to come out! Smile
mangajunky
Company Representative

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:59 pm Reply with quote
The Seventh Son wrote:
HOLY F***ING SHIT! finally, after around 15 years since i last saw it, I CAN SEE VOLTRON!!! i just hope to God its not in the cheesetastic, put through the meatgrinder version that i saw in around 1990. or is the unedited version still somewhat cheesy, can someone PLEASE tell me? when i first saw it, the story skipped around. i still loved it, even though there were tons of open holes in the story. i almost lost it when i found out some examples of how butchered it was. now i finally can see one of my first anime's EVER! good thing im getting another job soon, cause ill need all of that money. i just hope that the dvds don't get overpriced. its still kinda a bummer to hear how media blasters is going to release them. AND THEY DAMN BETTER RELEASE IT WITH PRACTICALLY NO EDITS!!

Voltron will be what was originally on TV...
GoLion will be uncut from the original Japanese version.

-Franky
theoriginalbilis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Oh God yes. Someone wants an US release of Voltes V as well. You rock, dude. I've only seen the crappy Phillipines dub, but I LOVED THE SHOW.
samwiseb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
According to the Encyclopedia, there are only 52 (or 72) episodes of the first Voltron series, and yet 8*15=120? Is somebody miscounting here??

We're getting Dairugger XV, so that implies we're also getting Vehicle Voltron. That means there's another 52 episodes, for a total of 124.

(officially there were 125, but I guess that's including the 'Fleet of Doom' special).
biliano

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:22 pm Reply with quote
mangajunky wrote:
Voltron will be what was originally on TV...
GoLion will be uncut from the original Japanese version.

-Franky

Are you also including the Voltron: Fleet of Doomspecial with the releases?

(And in relation to this, why is Voltron: Fleet of Doom not listed in the Encyclopedia?)
mangajunky
Company Representative

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:28 pm Reply with quote
biliano wrote:

(And in relation to this, why is Voltron: Fleet of Doom not listed in the Encyclopedia?)

We don't have final details on what we're doing with Fleet of Doom yet.

-Franky
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:24 pm Reply with quote
mangajunky wrote:
biliano wrote:

We don't have final details on what we're doing with Fleet of Doom yet.

-Franky

Everybody I'm telling it to at work is giving me responses such as "I'm so buying that."

So... should I maybe just come and visit the main offices of MB and hand you my wallet? Sign my paycheck over to you? Promise you my firstborn child? Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4