• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Recalls Sankarea Blu-ray/DVD Box

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GhostShell

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:20 am Reply with quote
Might have to wait until the next time Adam Sheehan and Lance Heiskell are featured on a future ANNCast before some kind of explanation as to what really happened comes out.
INS Division 6
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Uhhhh guys, I just got off the phone a minute ago with Rose, from Rightstuf int. She called me back after I called to get a return authorization. She told me she spoke with her manager and was told Funimation is still sending Rightstuf the replacement discs. It will take a couple months but TRSI is getting the replacement's. No need to mail the original release back.
deaththekid666

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Supposedly now the release for Sankarea has been pushed back to Q1 of 2014 and for whomever ordered from them, you keep the original copy of Sankarea that released and when the new replacements come in they will ship it to you at no charge.

Just thought I'd share that if you ordered from Rightstuf
Mikeski

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:06 pm Reply with quote
INS Division 6 wrote:
Uhhhh guys, I just got off the phone a minute ago with Rose, from Rightstuf int. She called me back after I called to get a return authorization. She told me she spoke with her manager and was told Funimation is still sending Rightstuf the replacement discs. It will take a couple months but TRSI is getting the replacement's. No need to mail the original release back.

After the last post from Funi (paraphrase: the lawyers won't let us send TV-MA discs for people to slot into their TV-14-marked cases), "replacement discs" doesn't sound right.

deaththekid666 wrote:
Supposedly now the release for Sankarea has been pushed back to Q1 of 2014 and for whomever ordered from them, you keep the original copy of Sankarea that released and when the new replacements come in they will ship it to you at no charge.

...this sounds more correct. Guess Funi doesn't want to pay everyone's return shipping. And recycling fees. Rolling Eyes

This will probably work smoothly with Robert and Shawne... I wonder what Amazon or other similar retailers will do.
djmomar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:05 pm Reply with quote
I wonder what other retailers will do about this as well. Sounds like Rightstuf is handling this the best way.

I received this email today from Amazon regarding my order.
"Hello,

I understand your concern regarding the return of the item "Sankarea: Complete Series (Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD Combo)."

Please understand that we don't have any new information regarding of the recall of the item and the website will be updated automatically once we get the information.

In this case, I request you to return the item for a full refund.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to be of more help. I understand that my reply may not be helpful but I hope you understand my limitations. Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated in this matter.

If you still have any queries, please write back to us and we'll be glad to assist you. "
INS Division 6
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:18 pm Reply with quote
not to sound like an anime buyer snob, but I believe that Shawne and TRSI are more in the loop, and having talked to them over the phone, I was very impressed with the customer service. I called to have my order returned, they treated me very well, then even went so far as to call back and inform me of the events of my previous post. If TRSI says I will get the new dvd replacements with no charge or return of my current copy, I believe them.
ZorinBlitz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:46 am Reply with quote
Whens that new set coming out.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:55 am Reply with quote
ZorinBlitz wrote:
Whens that new set coming out.

next year. the have the corrected materials, and they hope to have update soon
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2